Aprelium, got a question about Abyss handling php

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Aprelium, got a question about Abyss handling php Reply with quote

Does different HTTP servers handle php differently? (Like does Abyss handle php in the same way as Apache?) The reason I ask is that I am having a hardtime installing php CMS on the comp. With changing the php.ini to looking at the forum for answers, I have trouble logging on to getting 200 (OK) error. (I will talk about my specific problem on another thread.) I thought that each server handles PHP differently. Am I right?

PS: You guys are the best. Used this nice server for 8 month(I think) and it has done a lot to me. *Tears. :D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Aprelium, got a question about Abyss handling php Reply with quote

tdkyo wrote:
Does different HTTP servers handle php differently? (Like does Abyss handle php in the same way as Apache?) The reason I ask is that I am having a hardtime installing php CMS on the comp. With changing the php.ini to looking at the forum for answers, I have trouble logging on to getting 200 (OK) error. (I will talk about my specific problem on another thread.) I thought that each server handles PHP differently. Am I right?

PS: You guys are the best. Used this nice server for 8 month(I think) and it has done a lot to me. *Tears. :D

No, usually they handle it the same way (at least Apache and Abyss handle PHP the same way). But PHP changed and evolved and many scripts make the assumption that they are running on an old PHP installation on a UNIX system. That's why many of them fail and you have to enable the backward compatibility mode of PHP and to tweak the script in order to make it run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: