Power PC Linux and Abyss Web server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drakeb
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Power PC Linux and Abyss Web server Reply with quote

Hi.
I hope that I am posting this in the correct category. I am using a Power Mac G4 AGP (Dual 450mhz) and running Ubuntu 7.04 Festy Fawn Desktop Linux and I would like to know if there is a version of Abyss that is for the Power PC and Linux. I have looked on several other sites and am having problems looking for a good webserver (can't stand apache) that will work on an obscure hardware platform such as this.

Any help would be appreciated
Drakeb
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Aprelium does not have a PowerPC architecture compatible version and I doubt they would make one since x86 is more dominant.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Power PC Linux and Abyss Web server Reply with quote

Drakeb,

Well, we have a PowerPC version but not for Linux. Actually the Mac OS X version contains two executables in its Universal binary: one for PowerPC Macs and the other for the new Intel based Macs.

In theory there is no problem with generating a PowerPC Linux version. It only needs recompiling and building Abyss Web Server on PowerPC Linux box (an old Mac for example). We will probably need to invest some time in doing that but since PowerPC Linux is not a very popular platform, this is not going to be our top priority.

Please contact us by email to have more details about that version availability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: