Abyss plus Access DB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
octavio.almendros
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Abyss plus Access DB Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm trying to configure a web server to gain access to my DB built with MS Access. It's a small DB, so I don't need other programs yaht may be much better. Well I made the DB and from Access I made a couple of web pages to work with it. They work. Later I've built a very simple webpage, with both links, plus an image, a title...

And it works. But as soon as I move it to the Web Server (Abyss), It starts giving me problems. I've only used MS IIS when studying for MSCA, but I didn't used it a lot. I was trying to make use of a free, not Microsoft solution, easy to use, but seems it is harder than I expected. May be there're problems with office.

The error Internet Explorer gives when launching the web pages is when I use the links. It tries to open it, but says that IE7 doesn't grant me access to a nos secure place and so... I do waht it suggests to do, but it continues to fail.

I recognize it, I'm lost. Is anybody kind enough to help me in this subject?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
octavio.almendros
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: DB for Internal use Reply with quote

Well the DB is for LAN use only, that's why we want to use a Web Server, to make an easy way to access it. It is a DB I made for my team use at work, I mean, we're very few using it, I thought it was going to be easier. So I used Access2003 (The DB is default Access2000), we have installed in our Pcs to have the typical file with our important data (a few tables, with queries, and so)

I found Abbyss and I hope to learn to use it, so as to use it later.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Abyss plus Access DB Reply with quote

octavio.almendros,

To access a database, you'll need to use a scripting language. Abyss Web Server will not be able to "talk" directly to the database. It has to run a script, and it's the script that will access the database, get the data from it, and display it.

What is the script you're using?
octavio.almendros
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Scripting Reply with quote

Hi

I wasn't using any scripting language, as I'm not a programmer. But can you sujest one. I think I must learn a little about scripting.
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting Reply with quote

octavio.almendros wrote:
Hi

I wasn't using any scripting language, as I'm not a programmer. But can you sujest one. I think I must learn a little about scripting.

There are many scripting languages that you can use for that. A list of the most popular is available in http://www.aprelium.com/support . PHP is probably the most easier to learn if you are a beginner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: