Access Local Host Over LAN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Access Local Host Over LAN Reply with quote

Hi
I am just wondering if you could access media played on your local host (127.0.0.1) over your LAN and would you have to forward any ports?

Any replys before the 3 O'clock "kick off" would be much appricated.

Thank You
Scott
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Access Local Host Over LAN Reply with quote

Mof69er wrote:
Hi
I am just wondering if you could access media played on your local host (127.0.0.1) over your LAN and would you have to forward any ports?

Any replys before the 3 O'clock "kick off" would be much appricated.

Thank You
Scott

No. Port forwarding is only concerned with connections that are switching networks, which is a router's function. The router bridges the internet (WAN) with your local network (LAN).

So it looks like you're going to play songs served by a web server on your localhost? Why not just play them directly from your hard drive???

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I am running sop cast which i can access the media by putting the local host url in media player i was just wondering if another computer would be able to access this over a LAN to save me some bandwidth?

Thanx for the help
Scott
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, running things through your LAN will bypass the internet and save bandwidth. Your LAN should also be much faster.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can access the media on the host, but from another computer on the network I don't no how, any instructions on how this would be done?, I would be very grateful.

Thank You
Scott
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mof69er wrote:
I can access the media on the host, but from another computer on the network I don't no how, any instructions on how this would be done?, I would be very grateful.

Thank You
Scott

Put your MP3 folder under your htdocs folder for Abyss. On other PC, open WMP and open the browser to the MP3 folder. Drag the links over to WMP (the left column where you can create playlists). Then save as an M3U playlist.

That's how (just one way) you can access your music over your LAN.

Oh, and if you're asking how to access your site from another computer, you just type in http://192.168.1.101 (or whatever the server's IP address is).

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: