Change Local Host?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Change Local Host? Reply with quote

Hi two questions really for anybody kind enough to help!

Firstly - I have just recently installed abyss web server and i was wondering if you are able to change the local host URL, it is currently set to 127.0.0.1 and i cannot find how to change it, so any advice would be appreciated?

And

I have a dynamic IP and i currently have many servers configured for external access but as my router always reconnects without showing any sign i would not have the correct IP any suggestions on how to get round this problem would also be much appreciated it has been a big pain for along time?

Thank You
Scott
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss simply listens on localhost but its also listening on your LAN IP. You can forward your router to your LAN IP and then use your WAN IP to access from the internet. You can use www.no-ip.com dynamic IP services (free) to get around the dynamic WAN IP problem.
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You i will try that tonight and hopefully get that working!!!
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI i have setup the DUC and created a host on the no-ip website but every time i enter my host i come to my router page? i have all my ports forwarded (80, 21 and any others ) but still i still come to this page? (Any Ideas)

Thank You
Scott
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your router may be set up to allow remote administration. That would allow you to change router settings from anywhere in the world. If this is turned on, it's over-riding your port forwarding setup.

I'm not sure, but I think no-ip has ads if you're not a paying customer. If they do, you might check into http://dyndns.org and/or http://yi.org . They both offer completely free subdomains.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no-ip only adds ads when doing cloaking. I'd too recommend dyndns. I use it and FreeDNS.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanx all for the advice must sound like a right n00b but was only showing router page due to i was trying to access it with the external link within my local network took me a while to relise (good job people who live round me have unsecure wireless networks). i have only had it up and running a lil while but no problems, no ads got every think set up thanks for all the help guys.

Thanks
Scott
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you got it fixed. If you want we can try accessing it, just give us a link.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mof69er
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Cheers anyways mate but already tried it by login onto someone else unsecure network on me laptop and also tried it today at college and I didn't even have to use a proxy server (restrictions) and there was no problem thanks for the help.

Another little question though I have webguide4 running for MCE and while at college with all the restriction I have to use a free proxy to access the server but when moving to a .aspx page the proxy server won't display it, only http and ftp, just wondering if you could get proxy's that handle aspx?

If anybody has any ideas how to access remote desktop with all the restrictions (standalone client or something) i would really appreciate it.

Thank You, I appreciate all the help.
Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: