Please help me! about phpBB!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonlsn
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Please help me! about phpBB! Reply with quote

Dear all,

When I try to install phpBB 2.0.4, it returned the following when I click install:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'home01.adsldns.org' (10061) in D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

May be that's my problem on setting up MySQL database. Because when I run the MySQL Admin Tools, there are no databse, but I can't add it, can your teach me?

Many Many Thanks!!
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you with this because some one had to set mine up for me lol , ask Vbgunz he should help you :D
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace localhost of your MySQL server on the config file of phpbb to "localhost" not "home01adsldns.org"
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jasonlsn
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

tdkyo wrote:
Replace localhost of your MySQL server on the config file of phpbb to "localhost" not "home01adsldns.org"

Thanks a lot, the first error is solved, but it still returned:

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

:( :( :( :( :( :(
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you will find more help with these issues on phpBB's own support forum, http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jmstacey2000
-

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there aren't any databases that could be your problem. There should be the database named mysql the contains all of the user privileges info. (at least thats what I've understood)
Do a fresh install. and then I can walk you through how I got it to work on my computer.

-Jon-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: