Google Sitemap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Google Sitemap Reply with quote

Hi, ive installed Python 2.5 and can run it from the command line. I also have sitemap_gen 1.4. Ive also created a config.xml listing all the directories within my site.

However i cannot/rather dont know how to rung the script. Ive tried the google instruction loads of times but always a syntax error occurs with arrow pointing to:
: n and others.

I have copied the sitemap_gen.py to my web doc root, which is on an external drive. L. Python is on my sytem C drive.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to get this thing done. Im no programmer so if you post a reply please give full instructions. Thank you
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi svankamon,
Have you followed the instructions at...
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/sitemap-generator.html
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Sitemap Instructions Reply with quote

Yes, i followed as best i could and did a large Directory listing as stated. This is called config.xml in my root directory. Sitemap_gen is also in the same directory.

Ive tried various combinations of paths in the command line to try and run the script but it just comes up as syntax error. ie im not getting the path right.

In step 4 of the page you inserted and enquirred about ive tried those combinations of commands and others. But cant get it to do anything.

Im not too gre4at with the command line and below are a few of my thinking process errors.

1. Does it mean comand line as in ms dos command prompt.
Or does it mean python command line.?

2. It askes me to connect to my serrver but my server http server is abyss and i cannot connect to it. I dont get the logivc of that.

I cant think of anything im doing wrong in step 4 but cannot quite understand what its telling me to do. I have though done it as i believe it to mean.?

Thanks for your reply much apreciated, as would any more sugestions?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Sitemap Reply with quote

svankamon,

What is the exact error code you get?
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Error Reply with quote

Hi, i have found a program that will do the map just as i wanteed it.

However im im going to review others.

The error were just stating there was a syntax error, then placed a small arrow under :, n, and others.

I did get it to find the file eventually but it read couldnt read the file so need to make sure my list of urls etc is ok.

Problem is i thought that was what the sitemap_generator, was for, i must have got the code itself wrong.

Anyway, for now il drop this subject and use the program i found it seems to do exactly what it says on the tin.

Thnaks anyway.
NeaveSalm
-

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Google Sitemap Reply with quote

Ive got the Google Webmaster tools looking at my site, but I have a problem in that it wants to look at the sitemap, but only as xml or html, not php. Is there any way of getting a xml or html of Jimdo sites? With the popularity of Google functions, it would be great to be able to get a xml version that it can use.

Thanks

Justyn
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: