need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: need help Reply with quote

HI, I have never successfully had a home web server for a website but i would like to...I don't know too much about this stuff lol...i installed abyss, but the mysql,phpmyadmin, and all that has me lost..I wanna make a server with e107...if anyone would be willing to take the time and help me set this up, please message me at crazy.just@verizon.net on yahoo messenger or crazy.just@hotmail.com on msn messenger...thank you :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: finally got it working but still got problems Reply with quote

I followed a tutorial and installed php, mysql, phpmyadmin, and then e107. Everything works good, except for the address. To access my site, i have to put in /e107 after the address in my browser. Could someone please tell me how to change this? Please dont tell me i have to reinstall everything lol. Thanks in advance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use e107 for everything. Now I see it as being rather hideous. But anyway, this isn't about me, but rather you. I believe you can reconfigure the directory within the configuration and then manually move the files to the root of the web server. But I have forgotten how! Either that or add an alias!

Yup. I work in 800x600.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^or instead of having e107 in a folder(e107) you could just put it all in the root folder(htdocs)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
^or instead of having e107 in a folder(e107) you could just put it all in the root folder(htdocs)

Thank you that worked :)
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What.. didn't read my post? Try moving
Wordpress out of the directory you installed it in.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Chapman wrote:
What.. didn't read my post? Try moving
Wordpress out of the directory you installed it in.

i read your post i just didnt understand it lol...thank u for the the reply, i do appreciate it. I am learning all of this. I dont understand much about putting up a website. I am trying to follow step by step tutorials but everyone seems different for setting up...I followed the e107 tutorial from here http://www.trustabyss.com/ but when i get a site up, people cant register. The registration page wont let people get past the are you 13 years of age or older page, it just keeps repeating lol...Learning as i go so please dont think i ignored your post tom, i did appreciate it.
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you moved the e107 out of the e107 folder to the htdocs folder did you reinstall it then or just moved the files from one folder to the other cause maybe its still trying to access /e107

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
when you moved the e107 out of the e107 folder to the htdocs folder did you reinstall it then or just moved the files from one folder to the other cause maybe its still trying to access /e107

after a while i reinstalled but im having serious issues now lol..When someone tries to register, they fill out their info, click submit, and it takes them to the same registration page to fill out over and over...any thoughts to my redirecting problems? im new at this so make it easy lol
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i get a link to your website to look at it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
can i get a link to your website to look at it

http://crazyjust.kicks-ass.net dont laugh at it cuz im not changing anything till i get it all sorted out lol

i changed php style and the redirect works now but i need to get mailing set up lol

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redirect works but i need help with mail server lol
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What mail server do you plan to use? hMailServer is probably the most recommended. I use Mercury/32 myself. A simple Google would point you the sites and you could probably search for a tutorial to get yourself off the ground :)

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkSML wrote:
What mail server do you plan to use? hMailServer is probably the most recommended. I use Mercury/32 myself. A simple Google would point you the sites and you could probably search for a tutorial to get yourself off the ground :)

I downloaded the install for hmail and looked for a tutorial but cant find anything i really understand...I have no clue about mail or setting it up..Can someone point me in the right direction for a complete step by step tutorial?
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the documentation is on the hmailserver website under the tab "documentation" http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
the documentation is on the hmailserver website under the tab "documentation" http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/

Thank you...i seen that page but im clueless about all that stuff lol...Im gonna wait and see if a friend of mine will set it up for me..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: