Need download link to X2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenknight
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Need download link to X2 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a bit ticked at the moment and need to find a link to X2. As it stands I am a registered user that is valid through May 2008, however, when I go to the downloads page, the only thing it says there is "you have a the latest version of abyss". If thats the case then why did my Absys service stop running apparently last night and is stating in the event log that the beta has expired and to please contact aprelium???

If you are a registered user of a piece of software, a said software should test for that and should NOT stop in the situation where that application is a server, but should notify the system or admin of system that it has expired... and trust me I know this as I have also been a developer for the last 20 years.

So now my sites are down and I'm sitting here waiting on an email to get them back up.

While I am a huge fan of Abyss, this is IMHO poor design and enough to give pause on its future use.

Regards,
Ken
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-beta
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Need download link to X2 Reply with quote

kenknight,

The version that reported that error message is a Beta test release of 2.5 we sent you in August. The final version of 2.5 was released since September 19 and you were notified by email about its availability.

You have even downloaded the final 2.5 package on October 15 but have probably forgot to install it.

Our Beta versions are set to expirey 2 or 3 months after the official release date and this is usually enough time for a user to update his/her Beta setup.

Anyway, we apologize for that inconvenience and understand your reaction. Our support team has already responded to your email and download instructions of the final 2.5 package have been included (in case you have lost the one you have already downloaded).
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenknight,

BETA's do specifically say not to use them in a production environment. The fact that you did excuses aprelium from the fact that Abyss expired on your production server and ceased working. The blame for this is not with Aprelium but with yourself for ignoring the warnings given on the BETA software.

Abyss's design is how it is for a reason. It prevents people using BETA software after a set period in case it has severe secuity flaws and thus someone is able to hack you or damage your server in some way. You would complain this was also Aprelium's fault if this happened.

I hope you see the logic of this.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Need download link to X2 Reply with quote

kenknight,

Have you installed the final 2.5 package? Is it working fine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: