problems with MapServer and PHP templates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abiku
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: problems with MapServer and PHP templates Reply with quote

(please, forgive my poor english)
I am involved in developing a web map server for my enterprise intranet, using (in the development stage) Abyss WS X1, PHP 5.2.4 and MapServer 5.0 at my Windows XP Pro machine.
PHP runs smoothly with Abyss, but I still can't see the maps that MapServer should render in the .php output templates. It seems that the templates doesn't import the output parameters from MapServer and I can't determine who's the one to blame: my code, Abyss, PHP, or MapServer.
Do anyone have an answer for this question?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem will lie with php and mapserver if php outputs a phpinfo() correctly.
Abiku
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks, AbyssUnderground.
I still haven't found (it sounds like an old U2 song, haha) a clue in the MapServer web site that guides me, all the documentation involved Windows users revolves around MS4W (a pre-compiled solution with Apache web server), but I insist in using Abyss (I was terrified trying to configure PHP under Apache modifying httpd.conf by hand).
Well, I see that I'll have to read a lot of docs this week...

AbyssUnderground wrote:
The problem will lie with php and mapserver if php outputs a phpinfo() correctly.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

Abiku,

Can you point us to the documentation page/URL that you are trying to follow to get MapServer running/configured with a web server? What is the exact error message you are getting?
Abiku
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: UMN MapServer Reply with quote

I am trying to follow the documentation posted in the MapServer site (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu).
In a way, I have no errors, I mean, the MapServer cgi application can read a geographic table in PostgreSQL (with PostGIS) and can render an image based in the table data, but, no matter how exactly I configured the HTML answer page, the map image doesn't show on that page. The image rendered will appear in its corresponding folder.
I think it's not an Abyss Web Server issue...

aprelium wrote:
Abiku,

Can you point us to the documentation page/URL that you are trying to follow to get MapServer running/configured with a web server? What is the exact error message you are getting?
Abiku
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: the answer page doesn't get the cgi params Reply with quote

Yesterday, I forgot to say that the html page that must display the rendered map is not receiving the parameters (map values) from MapServer. That is the exact error I'm getting.
According with the documentation, the execution flow can be put in this way: in an html (or .php, .asp, etc.) web page the user sets the corresponding values to a set of variables. In a second fase, by means of a form button or something like that, these values conform a GET request that is send to the MapServer cgi application through a .map script. Then another html page, previously set in the first page or the .map script, will receive the final values and will display the map in the web browser.
My problems lie in the third stage, one way or the other, the final page is not getting the values from MapServer, although the rendered image map is actually in its corresponding folder.
Thanks in advance...

Abiku
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: