AS system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stece
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: AS system Reply with quote

Dear all
If I put up an AS system, no matter which one ( Stub Transit or Multihomed ) and I will define neighbour AS routers IP addresses on my router, so after that, will my router communicate with the whole WAN?
The question is whether my router will negotiate and establish connection if I have no IP ( I just have no ISP but I have AS - built on my own).
Is that possible to become my own ISP not asking any ISP to connect me ?

Thank you in advance
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: AS system Reply with quote

stece,

That's a very technical question about AS systems. All depends on the topology of the network. Your system can be viewed as a closed large network with no connection to the rest of the world. You will act as a closed ISP in that case and won't need any external ISP.

But if you want to have your network access the Internet, you will always need a telco/network operator or an ISP to connect to the rest of the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: