Spam Assasin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Spam Assasin Reply with quote

Hi all. Im running hMailServer. Its seems great. However i have been blacklisted at one of the blacklisting sites. I tried to install Spam Assasin but was too complicated for my none programmer brain to understand. I followed the instructions to the letter but got lost later in the instructions as it seemed to be for older systems.??? I dont know about that but i have all sorts of files and folders on my c drive now just messin up the place including ASSP. Tried that too but that seems to complicated. Does anyone know of an alternative to these spam fighters or can show me how to install the modules etc needed for each of the above mentioned scripts.? Id sooner stay away from perl to solve this problem as its too indepth for my brain to handle.??

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks And Good Luck with it all. etc....
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Forgot this Reply with quote

Im using Windows Vista, Abyss Web Server, PHP 5, My SQL 4, and Perl 5.8. With Simple DNS Server.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are hosting on your broadband then you will always be black listed. I had exactly the same problem. Its virtually impossible to host an e-mail server on your broadband that works.

1. You need rDNS that can be configured to make your ip lookup to your domain
2. You need a static IP
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Ok, so your saying i dont need spam assasin. Simple DNS is configured so my ip is my domain.

I dont quite understand the answer, i have a satatic IP (5), theyre configured so my domain points to my ip address/s. i dont now but used to get loads of blak emails with well you know nob like names.???

I dont actually receive any blank emails now but the last time i checked my domain it said that it was being used as a relay, or can be used as a relay for spammers. is there a way to stop it being congured in that way. i have mx, A, records set up etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: