PHP imap question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian McPherson
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: PHP imap question Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a webmail PHP app here, but it gives me an error on a library load:

Quote:
Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library '/Applications/PHP5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/imap.so' - (null) in /Applications/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/webmail/conf.php on line 402
error loading imap library

The only "imap.so"-related file I can find on the drive (Mac IOS X) is:

Quote:
usr/libexec/httpd/mod_imap.so

Any ideas?

Ian
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP imap question Reply with quote

Ian McPherson,

That error is generated because the preconfigured PHP package does not include the PHP IMAP extension. Actually, when building it we have omitted that extension (as several others which are not very popular).

If you need the IMAP extension, please let us know and we'll try to add it in the Mac OS X preconfigured PHP package.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Ian McPherson
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: IMAP Reply with quote

Quote:
If you need the IMAP extension, please let us know and we'll try to add it in the Mac OS X preconfigured PHP package.

Why don't you consider building the complete PHP Library, rather than making decisions upon what might be currently "popular" or not? Would it be that much bigger by doing so?

BTW, is there a way I can add the library to the configuration I have?

Ian
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: IMAP Reply with quote

Ian McPherson wrote:
Quote:

Why don't you consider building the complete PHP Library, rather than making decisions upon what might be currently "popular" or not? Would it be that much bigger by doing so?

Ian

If the complete library is built, php loads slower and uses more memory. It could also make php itself execute scripts a lot slower. This is the reason PHP is only compiled with extensions you actually need.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: IMAP Reply with quote

Ian McPherson wrote:

Because most PHP extensions depend on other libraries. So if we were to include every extension, we'd end up dealing with at least 20 or 30 of them, each of them having their own requirements and build processes. That's not easy to do and is very time consuming.

Just for your information, the current PHP pacakge with the popular extensions enabled (including MySQL, XML, XSL, GD) take around 1 hour to build. We had to spend around 1 week tweaking the build process to have it be able to create a self-contained PHP packag as the standard PHP way of running needs most dependencies already installed in your system folders (which is impossible to do in most cases and may mess with libraries you already have on your computer).

Ian McPherson wrote:

You can compile PHP from scratch on your computer. You'll have to install the Developer Tools from Apple (free) and then download PHP and the libraries your extension depends on, build them, install them, and declare the new PHP in Abyss Web Server. You need a UNIX shell experience and a minimum knowledge of the build process to do that (they are usually documented in the packages INSTALL files).

Since you seem to need that extension, it's easy to wait for us until we ship it in the PHP package. We are currently creating PHP 5.2.4 so the wait would not last more than a few days.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
mario50
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there:

I've tried to compile it myself on Mac OS X, with the following command:

what did I do to compile PHP
CFlags="-arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" \
./configure --prefix=/Applications/Pagico/Pagico.app/Contents/Resources/PHP5 \
--enable-fastcgi \
--enable-mbstring \
--without-pear

The configure, make and make install performed successfully. However, after declaring the script interpreter in Abyss server, it turns out to be Error 500 after several seconds of waiting. Log shows :

26/Oct/2007:14:19:42 -0400 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header1!
26/Oct/2007:14:19:54 -0400 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 1 URI: /index.php Reading 8 bytes failed = Broken pipe

Can you help? Thanks!

Because I really want to compile a super light and fast php library.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario50,

The error means that there was a problem establishing a connection with your FastCGI PHP. Are you configuring PHP to use FastCGI with local pipes?
olivierp
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Any ETA on the preconfigured package ? Reply with quote

Any ETA on the preconfigured package with POP and IMAP support ?

Thanks !

Edit : for Windows ?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any ETA on the preconfigured package ? Reply with quote

olivierp wrote:
Any ETA on the preconfigured package with POP and IMAP support ?

Thanks !

Edit : for Windows ?

IMAP and POP extensions for PHP are already in our preconfigured PHP package for Windows. All you have to do is to activate them in your php.ini as explained in the bottom on http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: