Installing MYsql

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martinahj
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Installing MYsql Reply with quote

I have installed MYsql as mentioned but I can't find the file winmysqladmin.exe only the file mysqladmin.exe. Can I use this file instead?
I have installed: mysql-5.0.27
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you just use this file instead. winmysqladmin.exe is for MySQL 4.0.x as far as I am aware.

Follow the tutorials on www.abyssunderground.co.uk if you need extra help.
easytec
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: How to install MySQL 4.0.x Reply with quote

This is from my website.
Right, so you want a really good application like this forum?
That's fine.
Go here to download MySQL. Please remove all other instances and sequences (versions), GUI tools, etc.
DO NOT INSTALL IT JUST YET, unzip it into a folder in the Abyss Web Server root as folder MySQL Install.
Then, please download phpMyAdmin here then you can use the web setup after these steps:
Go to where you installed MySQL's Setup<OS PROG EXT> and run it.
After that, go into the MySQL root's bin folder and run <OS Type>mysqladmin<OS PROG EXT>, like winmysqladmin.exe.
Then send mysqld<OS REG><OS PROG EXT> (such as mysqld-nt.exe.
Now after PHP is running, setup phpMyAdmin, if MySQL error #2003 appears, the red light should still appear, now that shouldn't happen as your Operating System must be blocking mysqld<OS REG><OS PROG EXT> (such as mysqld-nt.exe), unblock the program and keep it on your desktop, or set it up to run on PC start-up (recommended).
Make sure the unblock settings are saved on the PC's exit.
Go to your /phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php in your document root.
Click Add in the toolbox at the bottom to add a server.
Enter localhost as the server, the server settings may not work after the application cookies are closed.
So each time you make an account make sure you have a config directory in phpMyAdmin for the configuration file.
If setting up an account fails, just use root@localhost username with no password (don't set it up, it is default).
Then access just the phpMyAdmin toplevel directory and add a new database. There, you can set-up your databases.
If you are using the root@localhost, make sure phpMyAdmin has Deny/Allow in its access credentials in the Abyss Web Server, this should be straight forward. So no one can access it, without the access credentials you provided.
Then set-up your applications to use the root user account.
Try not to knock ASP.NET off the FastCGI as it may prevent ASP.NET directories from loading altogether.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: