Configuriong Web Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noman_quraishi
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Configuriong Web Server Reply with quote

HI i have made a cool server by Abyss x2 ... All my network guys can access it by http://172.16.0.168:8001 whr 172.16.0.168 is my local ip & 8001 is the port .. Now i wanna make this accessible on internet too .. I have reg. a free host name http://nomi.ath.cx & they auto detect my ip that is 221.132.113.236 ... I got their updater too .. BUt the prob is that first i cant see http://nomi.ath.cx & when i ask my friend to chk it for me i came to know that this is the site of our ISP not mine..

Now what i want is that to resolve nomi.ath.cx to my local server that is http://172.16.0.168:8001 is it possible? .. I am a newbie for ports & routers ....
iNaNimAtE wrote:
2) Go to your router configuration. Usually, you can type "192.168.1.1" or "192.168.0.1" in your browser to bring it up.
Helpful tip: After completing step 1, use the same digit(s) in the third block of your IP in step 2. Example: If your IP address from step 1 was "192.168.254.10," then use 254 to find your router (192.168.254.254). If your IP address was "192.168.1.10," then use "192.168.1.1" (taking the third block of numbers in your IP address, and putting them in the third and fourth place in step 2).

3) If a password prompt comes up, try different combinations of the words "admin" and "administrator." Most linksys routers use "admin" for the password and no username.

4) Once in the configuration, look for an option that says "forwarding." Once you have found it, under port number, type "80." Under IP address, type the IP address you found in step 1 (192.168.x.x). For TCP/UDP, make sure at least TCP is selected.

5) Go to www.whatismyip.com or www.aprelium.com/ip/ to find your External IP address. After configuring port forwarding, type that IP address into your browser. Your website should show up!
----------------------------------------------------------
This is for all the people who want to have a domain name (www.myname.com) instead of a numerical IP address (66.212.51.99) for your website.

I go accurately through this guide but when i type 192.168.0.1/1.1 i cant see any thing ... I dont know whether i am connected to router or if yes then what is my router , its model no ..& how to fwd that router to my local ports ??? etc etc ....

HOw ever i have cable net & i think i use proxy server by gateway that is 172.16.0.100 .. Well i have posted this query nearly in many forums & this is the last hope for me .. Help plz .. i just need to make my server internet accessible ... & since this is the official site of AByss i hope i shud get some good help from it ...

Thanx NOmi
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like you have quite a complicated network set up there. This is going to cause some problems.

If you're behind a router, which I assume you will be at some point in the network, you need to port forward the port you will be using (in your case 8001) to the local IP Address of the computer hosting the website.

To do this, login to the router. If it is a basic network your routers IP should be the same as your gateway IP if you run "ipconfig" in the command prompt window. Typing this into your web browser should bring up its console (after prompting for a username and password).

Another problem you could be having is firewalls. If they're not set up correctly outgoing data may never reach its destination.

Another is the router not having WAN requests allowed. This will be settable in the console like the port forwarding.

Without more information on how your computer connects to the internet I can only guess and provide basic information as to what the issue could be. If you can post a diagram or explanation of how your computer is connected to the internet it would help.

EG. Modem > router > switch > pc would be a good diagram for me to follow.
noman_quraishi
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:

If you're behind a router, which I assume you will be at some point in the network, you need to port forward the port you will be using (in your case 8001) to the local IP Address of the computer hosting the website.

To do this, login to the router. If it is a basic network your routers IP should be the same as your gateway IP if you run "ipconfig" in the command prompt window. Typing this into your web browser should bring up its console (after prompting for a username and password).

This is the problem i tried nearly all combinations of typing 172.16.0.168 (my ip) , 113.236.132(my external ip that all sites detects) , 172.16.0.100 mydefault gateway .. BUt in all these either the site goto search page or either show error page not found .....

AbyssUnderground wrote:

Another problem you could be having is firewalls. If they're not set up correctly outgoing data may never reach its destination.
I off all firewalls ..

AbyssUnderground wrote:

Another is the router not having WAN requests allowed. This will be settable in the console like the port forwarding.

Without more information on how your computer connects to the internet I can only guess and provide basic information as to what the issue could be. If you can post a diagram or explanation of how your computer is connected to the internet it would help.

EG. Modem > router > switch > pc would be a good diagram for me to follow.

OK now i am behind a proxy server (i think coz when i chk my ip thru aprelium.com/ip.html it says if am behind a proxy server then the ip may not be mine & its true coz this is the IP of my ISP thats why their site opens when some url to nomi.ath.cx ).. my network is typical setting but i am sure my friend there must be a comp champ who can understand my situation .. Okiey now i am having
Cable net>HUB(a hardware in which including me many other user`s wires are connected for internet >LAN card>Intenet ( i dont know if i am connected to router or you called this HUB a router ..but how to configure it to .... I really need help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....

I think this prob can also be solve if i know my real IP behind proxy so thati add that ip to my dns account info ... I think i have given all info what i know if there is any thing plz tell me ... I can also give anyone of u to my desktop access to view my settings if u like by logmein or any software

But plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me in configurin .... Aprelium plz do some thing
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to www.abyssunderground.co.uk/ip and copy and paste the text for me.
noman_quraishi
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Go to www.abyssunderground.co.uk/ip and copy and paste the text for me.

hey wow thats detect the same as my dyndns.com detect that is 221.132.113.236 ... Lolx but then why nomi.ath.cx is url-ing to other site when i have submit the same IP in my dns info???

Now finally my be router prob .. & how to configure my router :lol:
noman_quraishi
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any one plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz share my desktop i can give him access to my desktiop & he plz configure my web server for me ...

Data
My Public/local Ip : 172.16.0.168
My DNS IP : 221.132.112.194 ( what all websites says )
Webserv which i register : http://nomi.webhop.net
Gateways : 172.16.0.100
Firewalls : I off them

BUt prob is i cant see my own webserver & when i type 172.16.0.100 its goes to google search page .. Tell me how to configure my web server now .. Thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: