Getting my site open 24/7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyleva2204
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Getting my site open 24/7 Reply with quote

Hello,

I just got abyss webserver working. Now that it works for public I don't want that when I turn my PC off people can't access my site. How can I make it work for 24/7 with out having to keep my PC on?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mrpitbull
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

put him on a servar or buy a shell
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
StyX^^
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it logical that if you run a program on your pc everybopdy else can use it if the program isn't running because your pc isn't turned on. You've got to sign up for a host and have somebody else hosting your site then you could turn off your pc as much as you want
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're computer is off, no programs are running, no one can access your machine. You need a mirror.

Some premium DNS providers and management services allow you to have more than one host. Incase your primary server is down the secondary will kick in. You can look into http://www.no-ip.com for more information in that regards.

You can try searching for backup DNS, secondary DNS, DNS Mirror

Though no-ip has free services I do not believe their free services will get you want you want. They do however have premium services which will achieve what you're asking for.

Good luck :)
Gatewayy
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StyX^^ wrote:
Isn't it logical that if you run a program on your pc everybopdy else can use it if the program isn't running because your pc isn't turned on.

nuff said :)

My Abyss site!

http://crashhappy.gatewayy.net
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kyleva2204
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Okay,

I just wanted to get tons of GB for free off of my PC.
fear
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Using NO-IP.com Reply with quote

I am using no-ip.com, and people say they can't view my site. Why? It always shows up for me, but my friends say that it says, action cancelled. Could someone tell me how to fix it, or what I did wrong?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Using NO-IP.com Reply with quote

fear wrote:
I am using no-ip.com, and people say they can't view my site. Why? It always shows up for me, but my friends say that it says, action cancelled. Could someone tell me how to fix it, or what I did wrong?
You should never start a whole new thread in the midst of an already solved one. You should create a whole new thread for your current question. Good luck :)
datwig
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Kyleva2204 wrote:
I just wanted to get tons of GB for free off of my PC.

Get a new HD - That's what I did. From 20GB to 120GB :D +100GB It's more than enough for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: