exec will not work in Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benzrf
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: exec will not work in Abyss Reply with quote

I'm running Abyss web server, and PHP is working fine, except for one thing: The exec() command doesn't work for some reason. I have tried running the same program using the CLI, and it works perfectly. If I put it in htdocs and load it in my browser, it not only doesn't run the program, but the page just keeps loading without even an error message.

What the heck is going on?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in your PHP.INI...

Does the disable_functions directive contain exec?

This is a PHP issue, not Abyss if anything. More information, such as your OS, would help us figure out your issue.
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: exec will not work in Abyss Reply with quote

But it IS an Abyss problem! At least, insofar as I can tell, because it works just fine in the CLI. I only get the problem when hosting it. See what I mean?

I have the latest version of PHP, the free version of Abyss, and Windows XP (Professional, I think).
benzrf
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come on! There's gotta be SOMEONE who can help me!
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already answered your question. The legitimate uses for exec() on Abyss are slim to none, but I've done it on unmodified platforms. Either your PHP.INI is configured incorrectly, your OS is preventing the execution, your command to the shell is incorrectly formatted, or your PHP was compiled incorrectly. Abyss merely grabs output from PHP and sends it on it's way to the browser, and on the other end, receives the requests and "shells out" to PHP. Really simple stuff, but it certainly doesn't act as any sort of hand-holder between a running application and the operating system it runs on. Hence my previous answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: