CANT CONNECT TO SQL

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbogel
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: CANT CONNECT TO SQL Reply with quote

i am currently using SQL 2000 for database and i have already install classic asp with abys into my laptop that is using XP HOME and fine it can run asp pages well BUT now i cant seem to find any clue why everytime i access my page and it come out error

like this : sql error- something mentioning the database not found or access denied

NOTE : i have already set the datasource:localhost, username and password too but it seems doest work

can anybody help me, i need it to finish my assignments :cry:
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the error message is :

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server- Error'80004005'

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

PLS HELPPPPP ASAP
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with SQL Server, but to me it looks like you either are connecting to a non-existent server (is it running?) or your account with the SQL server doesn't have the necessary permissions to edit the database.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superbogel
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
I don't have any experience with SQL Server, but to me it looks like you either are connecting to a non-existent server (is it running?) or your account with the SQL server doesn't have the necessary permissions to edit the database.

i have already check my SQL and it is running well, any advice? seems like it cant fine the database
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, are you specifying the correct database and login details? Maybe you misspelled something.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superbogel
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
Well, are you specifying the correct database and login details? Maybe you misspelled something.

my connectstring is this : ConnectString = "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;User ID=sa;Password=sa;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=websma"

and the error point to this line. any clue????
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there is there anyone that can help me??????? :(
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pls close this thread i have already got it right THX ANYWAY GUYS :)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: