counter problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauldiston
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: counter problems Reply with quote

I have tried two counters one that uses basic open file - read number - increment number - write new number to screen and file - close file and also a mysql counter. Both are not working as I would of hoped. Both of them need you to refresh the screen so that your presence at that page is recorded. I don't know why this is. We have a security system external to our organisation and this has recorded that the ip has had over 190 hits and the counter on our site only records 30 odd. If anyone has any ideas of that is going on I would be very grateful.
Paul Diston
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: counter problems Reply with quote

Hits in the web world is often defined as the number of times a page, image, file (and so on) of the site is viewed or downloaded by someone. So if you have an html page with 4 images, you will get 5 hits... including the one for the html file. If the counter is on the same page, it will only increase by one.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: