I can't give up on Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.Doom
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: I can't give up on Abyss Reply with quote

After a while I tried LAMP server and it's great but I don't want to give up on Abyss so I decided to keep Abyss as well because it's such a cool program so I decided to do them both. :idea: 8)

http://phamcs.dyndns.org

Last edited by Dr.Doom on Mon May 05, 2008 4:11 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: I can't give up on Abyss Reply with quote

Dr.Doom,

What a great testimonial! Thanks a lot.
Dr.Doom
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I forgot to say thanks in the last post. As you can see I posted it last night almost 5:30AM so I'm tired and sleepy so I make it short and quickly so I'm sorry about that.

Now, since I'm awake I will give more detail reasons why I didn't give up on Abyss. There are 3 reasons (compare to Apache, IIS & Others):

1. Abyss is users friendly from beginner to expert developer.
2. So much easier to configure and add mod compare to LAMP server is a pain in the butt. (trust me I know)
3. Small resource usage. (my favorite reason not to give up on Abyss)

And finally my big thanks to Abyss developer team for making such an awesome program and also free of charge.
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you completely. Could you please not type in such big letters next time? (I lowered the size for you.)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Doom
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
I agree with you completely. Could you please not type in such big letters next time? (I lowered the size for you.)

Thanks for the comment but I think you worry too much .. bigger font size doesn't really that bad .. I saved the post with "your lowered font size" to a text file and it's 4KB. Then I set the font size to largest and saved it to a different text file and it's not even increase to 5KB. So therefore 200 post like this = 1000KB not even > 1MB and I don't think that I have time to make 200 post like this :wink:

By the way, as I understand developers put these options there for users to use right ? And there are only 5 options (tiny-small-normal-large-huge) default normal font size is too small I only increase it to 1 size larger so what's wrong with that ? If you don't believe me test it yourself and compare the size you will see. I'm not trying to be rude at all but I just want to point out that it's not that big deal but if it makes you feel happy I will use normal font size. !! Peace !!
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was more of an accessibility thing (people with small screens and such), space is not really a problem.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Doom
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
Well, it was more of an accessibility thing (people with small screens and such), space is not really a problem.

so it's for people with small screen what about people with bad eyes ?
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dr. Doom",
It's great that you are showing enthusiasm about Abyss Web Server and we encourage your participation
on this forum.

However, using excessive formatting in posts is unnecessary. It is considered unprofessional and impolite.
People use the formatting options to emphasize portions of a post, not the entire post. I'm sure anyone
that has poor eyesight would already have their font settings adjusted in their browser. I do.

FYI - If you have any questions about a moderator's decisions, please send a PM to Aprelium to get it sorted.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: