Config help ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Config help ... Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just installed "Abyss Web Server X1 For Windows" and I must say it's really good. However I am having problems making my site accessable to the world.

My set up is an ASDL USB modem connected to my main PC (which I don't want to use as my webserver). I have the Abyss server software running on another PC, which is connected to my main PC via a hub.

So my question is, can I get the server accessable to the outside world, or do will I have to invest in a router and do all that forwarding port 80 etc ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Paul.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Vader_
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: RE: Config help... Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, all you need to do is get a domain name and make it point to your IP (has to be static). Routers and stuff are only meant for ppl who want to do some extra tricky stuff...

If you have a dynamic IP, you should serach this forum for more. I have said about this a lot of times... :?

Good luck!!! :D :wink:
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a domain name, but is pointing it to my IP going to be any good, when I can't access the site externaly anyway?

At the moment, I can get it internaly, but externaly when I look at my internet IP, I get page can't be displayed. This is because my modem is connected to a PC other than the webserver...

I somehow need to make my internet IP look at the second machine on my LAN ... Is that possible using my USB set up ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
I have a domain name, but is pointing it to my IP going to be any good, when I can't access the site externaly anyway?

At the moment, I can get it internaly, but externaly when I look at my internet IP, I get page can't be displayed. This is because my modem is connected to a PC other than the webserver...

I somehow need to make my internet IP look at the second machine on my LAN ... Is that possible using my USB set up ?

This is a network configuration issue. For generic instructions on how to make things work, please refer also to the 2nd question in our FAQ at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: