Port 80...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Port 80... Reply with quote

hiya guys,
i have had my web server to auto start up for a while, ive had it running on port 80 and it worked no problem... Sometimes though the server icon wont load so i get listening errors, now i have the server running on port 81 whereas before it worked fine on port 80..

i cant find abyss running in the task manager.. any idea what else runs on port 80?

WhiteDevil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Port 80... Reply with quote

WhiteDevil wrote:
hiya guys,
i have had my web server to auto start up for a while, ive had it running on port 80 and it worked no problem... Sometimes though the server icon wont load so i get listening errors, now i have the server running on port 81 whereas before it worked fine on port 80..

i cant find abyss running in the task manager.. any idea what else runs on port 80?

WhiteDevil

May be another web server?
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only have one web server installed on my system. I uninstalled my SMTP server to eliminate it from the situation and started shutting down running objects to try and sort it out, but to no avail.

I though Abyss may be opening multiple copies, so i shut down everything and opened the Task Manager but the Abyss executable wasnt there...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteDevil wrote:
i only have one web server installed on my system. I uninstalled my SMTP server to eliminate it from the situation and started shutting down running objects to try and sort it out, but to no avail.

I though Abyss may be opening multiple copies, so i shut down everything and opened the Task Manager but the Abyss executable wasnt there...

WhiteDevil, we cannot guess remotely what is installed on your computer. Please check what is running on port 80. You have the full control on your programs so it will be easy to do so.
talkRowing
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on www.tucows.com for a program called 'Active Ports' This will tell you if and what is using port 80
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers, just downloaded it..
ive been looking for a program like this for a while now, but nothing came up on my old friend Google :)

it turns out my ad blocking software is using port 80 for something or other, now finding a workaround for it...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: