Complete setup needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiffer9000
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Complete setup needed Reply with quote

hello im fairly new in the web hosting world, but was wondering when i have my new connection and server will anyone be able to setup my server completly, i have domains, but want admins control anels and client control panels, with webmail ect, i want a complete web hosting server, but if someone could help i would give remote desktop to they can set it up 100%, it might not be for a coule of weeks yet but i do really need this help. please post here with your experience ect, as i only want the best!.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Complete setup needed Reply with quote

Tiffer9000 wrote:
hello im fairly new in the web hosting world, but was wondering when i have my new connection and server will anyone be able to setup my server completly, i have domains, but want admins control anels and client control panels, with webmail ect, i want a complete web hosting server, but if someone could help i would give remote desktop to they can set it up 100%, it might not be for a coule of weeks yet but i do really need this help. please post here with your experience ect, as i only want the best!.

Abyss is not difficult to set up if you follow the tutorials on www.abyssunderground.co.uk. You can't expect someone to do it for you if you have not at least tried yourself. Take a look. You'll be suprised at how easy it is to do.
puertoblack2003
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree better then using apache..this is lot easier you just have to give your self time to read and just do it...

next project trying to learn Linux :lol:
Tiffer9000
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can install it but want mysql ect in there, so i took the time to search a little more and found somthing easier to work with which comes with apache, php, asp, mysql, phpmyadmin, perl all installed ready for use, takes under 10 seconds to install and in that 10 seconds it can be used right away.
hansmiv
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffer9000 wrote:
... takes under 10 seconds to install and in that 10 seconds it can be used right away.

You must be a lucky one. Please tell us what you found ....

Actually I don't believe you. Or I don't understand you.
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's talking about some type of LAMP/WAMP most likely, but in my opinion Apache is bloated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lucorium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also heard of a "Bizar" package. It is an installer that is supposed to do all that.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
He's talking about some type of LAMP/WAMP most likely, but in my opinion Apache is bloated.

He's also asking to have his network set up and his domains configured to point to his IP. No package can do that automatically as far as we know.

Abyss Web Server makes configuring a web server easier but it cannot relief you from other tasks such as installing the scripts you want to use and configuring your network to accept incoming connection (let alone associating your domain names with your IP). This is not a one-click process and it won't probably ever be since it involves heterogenous tools and systems that need to be customized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: