Disabling IP Address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Disabling IP Address Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to disable a single IP address from downloading files from the server?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
enko
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Equipment? Reply with quote

Are u behind a router? if so look at IP filtering
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Stuart
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use a router.

I tried entering the address in the firewall but it didn't have any effect while Abyss was running.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to configure blocking someone entirely using a firewall but if their behind a dynamic IP address you're in trouble. It means their IP always changes making it harder and harder to catch them. Perhaps seek an alternative or get a good friend to help test your settings as it is hard to try and test an IP which isn't yours.

Good luck :)
UK Hosting
-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Here we go ... Reply with quote

This script will block the IP for you.

If the person goes behind a Proxy Server it will mask there IP and there-fore they can come back to the site.

For a strong ban, the easiest way is to use a Hardware Serial Ban, Mac Address Ban or Volume ID Serial Ban.

Script: http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/20159.html
-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we go ... Reply with quote

UK Hosting wrote:
This script will block the IP for you.

If the person goes behind a Proxy Server it will mask there IP and there-fore they can come back to the site.

For a strong ban, the easiest way is to use a Hardware Serial Ban, Mac Address Ban or Volume ID Serial Ban.

Script: http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/20159.html
Hey UK, Hardware Serial Ban, Mac Address Ban or Volume ID Serial Ban sounds interesting... Would you have any resources off hand? Thanks for the info so far :)
Stuart
-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies.

I experimented with my firewall and found that I could block by disabling an IP address (or range of addresses) for TCP Incoming connections. This script looks interesting though, I'll check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: