Guide: How to install phpnuke
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Guide: How to install phpnuke Reply with quote

I have seen many people needing help installing phpnuke.
Well this guide will help you instead of asking for help.
For anyone that doesn't know what phpnuke is, it is a
web portal. It's more or less the same as Geeklog.
In order to install phpnuke you will need:

phpnuke http://phpnuke.org
PHP http://php.net
mySQL http://mysql.com
Winzip http://winzip.com
phpMyAdmin http://phpmyadmin.net

First, download phpnuke and unzip into a directory. Now go
to where Abyss was installed (C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\)
Create a folder and call it phpnuke. Now upload everything from the HTML folder into the phpnuke folder you created in Abyss. Now go to your Abyss control
panel and click on Server Configuration , then click on Advanced, and then Aliases.

Click on Add... and put in Virtual Path: /(anything you want).
Than in Real Path put: phpnuke
Press OK and than press Restart at the top. Than exit your control panel. Ok now listan carefully,
make sure that in your php.ini file register_globals is set to On. This is mostly why you get so many error.

Than go to the config file of phpnuke (C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\config.php).
Ok now, if you have phpedit installed than this will be easier than using Notepad.
Go to line 32 and you sould see this:

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

If this is confusing, don't worry, Deledar got your back.

Leave $dbhost = "localhost"; to how it is.

For $dbuname = "root"; replace root with your Username for mySQL.

For $dbpass = ""; put between the "" with your password for the user name.

For $dbname = "nuke"; replace nuke with the database you want.

Leave the rest the way it is unless you know what your doing.
Now we are not done yet. Go to phpMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpMyAdmin) and
for the database you wanted nuke to install in go to SQL and at the bottom
press Browse and if in the beginning you unziped phpnuke into C:\phpnuke
than type on the line C:\phpnuke\sql\nuke.sql and press open.
Now press go.
If you see on the top a box that says
"Your SQL-query has been executed successfully"
than it means everything went prefect. Now go to
http://localhost/(what you typed for virtual host)
and your done. Create a Super User right away due to the fact if someone else registers one first before you they get full access.

I would like to thank vbgunz for his tutorials, it gave me an idea on how to write one good.

I would also like to thank Aprelium for making such a great product.

Last edited by Deledar on Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Guide: How to install phpnuke Reply with quote

Deledar wrote:
I would also like to thank Aprelium for making such a great product.

And thank you Deladar for your contribution :D
lk
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Hello How are you
I set up everything you said. But I don't know how to se the globals on.
What I did is"=On" and I still get a blank page now. Before I got error 200 but not anymore. I got phpmyadmin on the server and I installed phpnuke into mysql data. PhpMYAdmin is protected thorugh abyss so no one could get in but only me.
Best Regards Lukasz 8O
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you were only soppose to upload everything inside the html folder, but do not move the folder, copy all the contents in there and paste it into the folder you want.

Also your config folder is in the HTML folder, I will add this part since some people got confused
lk
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Hey Still get the blank page Reply with quote

Hey
I configured the config file,
but still get the blank page and I put everything in html folder.
I couldn't put blocks cause it says its already there cause the folder named blocks.
I installed nuke.sql in the phpmyadmin.
one more thing How do I setup the mysql dbtype maybe thats why Im getting blank page? I put MySql there??
What Do do 8O :roll:
lk
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Hey all To much trouble Reply with quote

Hey all :(
I have gotten a different server and I could install phpnuke there,
and it worked perfectly.
The server name is xitami.
Thats all
Best Regards Lukasz
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey all To much trouble Reply with quote

lukasztarkowski wrote:
Hey all :(
I have gotten a different server and I could install phpnuke there,
and it worked perfectly.
The server name is xitami.
Thats all
Best Regards Lukasz

lukasztarkowski,
Here is a free speech place but consider that you are advertizing another concurrent software on our forum.
Should we tolerate that, specially when PHP-Nuke works like a charm on Abyss Web Server and that your issue is surely related to some misconfiguration on your side?
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know what you are talking about, this is just a way for other companies to advertise their products. Well I installed it into Abyss and I didn't get any errors at all. Abyss is the best and they are giving this software for FREE. Anyother product doesn;t offer anything like Abyss does. Does apache have a browser based administration? No. Does Xitami let you add other types of scripts as easy as Abyss does? No. I added ColdFusion, PHP, mySQL, Perl, ASP, and Python all in an hour.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deledar thank you for your contribution. Unlike some people I too installed most of the nukes on my own and never came across an error... I never wrote a guide on it because I was still looking for something better...

Anyway, truth is Xitami is hard as hell, not a bit intuitive and I am surprised lukasztarkowski even got the server to work by itself not to mention the nuke to work with it...

Anyway, Deledar, keep your head up, no matter how easy something is (add water) someone will just not understand it... Its almost guaranteed, like clock work.

Good guide and thanks again :)
Quas
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Click on Add... and put in Virtual Path: /(anything you want).
Than in Real Path put: phpnuke
Press OK and than press Restart at the top. Than exit your control panel. Ok now listan carefully,
make sure that in your php.ini file register_globals is set to On. This is mostly why you get so many error.

Where do I find the php.ini file you're talking about? Your thread starts with configuring abyss server > server configuration > aliases, then you mention the php.ini file. Also, how would I set register_global to On?

Thanks for the walkthrough Deledar. I got everything else except for this part. :wink:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
grahammm
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Installing phpnuke Reply with quote

The normal place is c:/windows/php.ini., you change it to on by deleting the text saying off and replace with on.

Graham
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Quas
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Grahammm. I found it and changed it. Now I already have my website referencing an index.htm file. So when I got to http://localhost/ it pulls up the current webpage. How do I get it to ref phpnuke?

Thanks again
Shaku
-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the register_globas thing to = On in my ini but when i try to go to my page I just get a huge amout of errors.
http://landsofwar.filetap.com/phpnuke/
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaku wrote:
I changed the register_globas thing to = On in my ini but when i try to go to my page I just get a huge amout of errors.
http://landsofwar.filetap.com/phpnuke/

To eliminate Notices displaying (which is by the way what most PHP coders do since a notice is less important than a warning). To do so, open php.ini and locate the line starting by error_reporting=, then change it to:
Code:
error_reporting  = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Shaku
-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bunches.. btw this webserver is one of the best functioning and easiest to use out there. People told me to use apache so i took the time to set it up, then my friend told me of this one and I like trying new things so I used, it took no time to get working just as good as apache.
adajon8
-

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: fatal error:message_die() Reply with quote

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in E:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88

can somebody help me with this error.. :cry:
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get this error?
adajon8
-

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: phpnuke\db\db.php line 88 error Reply with quote

$db = new sql_db($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname, false);
if(!$db->db_connect_id) {
message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not connect to the database");
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I means you either entered something wrong in the config file or It couldn't connect to mySQL. Make sure mySQl is working and you entered everything perfectly.
adajon8
-

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! sorry... i didn't know that was important... newbie :(

thanks for telling me.. :roll:

Last edited by adajon8 on Tue May 13, 2003 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERASE IT!!!!

That is your buisness. People will be able to access it. Do not give out info like that. Aprelium please erase it.
Quas
-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed the code to turn off errors but I still can't get it to work. Could someone please take a look at the site and the errors and tell me if you can see anything wrong? Thanks.

www.kanealii.com/portal/

edit: I reinstalled everything and changed the database name from nuke to portal, fyi.

Last edited by Quas on Thu May 22, 2003 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you don't have the other neccesery files for Nuke to work.
Quas
-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What files would that be? I have php, mysql, phpmyadmin. Are they phpnuke files? Sorry these ? seem simple, confusing, whatever. I'm at a loss right now as to what I've done wrong. I have phpbb running smoothly, and mysql states nuke installed ok. Thanks again.
Quas
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it to work. I had to delete the password in the config.php file and turn off error logging in php.ini. Thanks for all your help guys!
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks but do u need to have Phpbb boards to use the portal? because i just want the portal cuz i run YaBB and PHPBBFM and others
mikelds
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Mail Server Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help installing this nifty program. Now, I have a question. What mail server are you all using? Does anyone recommend a mail server that is especially compatible with PHPNuke or PHP in general?

Thanks,
Mike
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can only find mail servers that you must pay for.
white_tiger
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my nuke have a lot of error... why ?? :?:

Notice: ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined variable: forum_admin in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined variable: inside_mod in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: inside_mod in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 44

Notice: Use of undefined constant sitename - assumed 'sitename' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 88

Notice: Use of undefined constant nukeurl - assumed 'nukeurl' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 89

Notice: Use of undefined constant site_logo - assumed 'site_logo' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 90

Notice: Use of undefined constant slogan - assumed 'slogan' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 91

Notice: Use of undefined constant startdate - assumed 'startdate' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 92

Notice: Use of undefined constant adminmail - assumed 'adminmail' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 93

Notice: Use of undefined constant anonpost - assumed 'anonpost' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 94

Notice: Use of undefined constant Default_Theme - assumed 'Default_Theme' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 95

Notice: Use of undefined constant foot1 - assumed 'foot1' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 96

Notice: Use of undefined constant foot2 - assumed 'foot2' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 97

Notice: Use of undefined constant foot3 - assumed 'foot3' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 98

Notice: Use of undefined constant commentlimit - assumed 'commentlimit' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 99

Notice: Use of undefined constant anonymous - assumed 'anonymous' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 100

Notice: Use of undefined constant minpass - assumed 'minpass' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 101

Notice: Use of undefined constant pollcomm - assumed 'pollcomm' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 102

Notice: Use of undefined constant articlecomm - assumed 'articlecomm' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 103

Notice: Use of undefined constant broadcast_msg - assumed 'broadcast_msg' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 104

Notice: Use of undefined constant my_headlines - assumed 'my_headlines' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 105

Notice: Use of undefined constant top - assumed 'top' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 106

Notice: Use of undefined constant storyhome - assumed 'storyhome' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 107

Notice: Use of undefined constant user_news - assumed 'user_news' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 108

Notice: Use of undefined constant oldnum - assumed 'oldnum' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 109

Notice: Use of undefined constant ultramode - assumed 'ultramode' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 110

Notice: Use of undefined constant banners - assumed 'banners' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 111

Notice: Use of undefined constant backend_title - assumed 'backend_title' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 112

Notice: Use of undefined constant backend_language - assumed 'backend_language' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 113

Notice: Use of undefined constant language - assumed 'language' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 114

Notice: Use of undefined constant locale - assumed 'locale' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 115

Notice: Use of undefined constant multilingual - assumed 'multilingual' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 116

Notice: Use of undefined constant useflags - assumed 'useflags' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 117

Notice: Use of undefined constant notify - assumed 'notify' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 118

Notice: Use of undefined constant notify_email - assumed 'notify_email' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 119

Notice: Use of undefined constant notify_subject - assumed 'notify_subject' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 120

Notice: Use of undefined constant notify_message - assumed 'notify_message' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 121

Notice: Use of undefined constant notify_from - assumed 'notify_from' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 122

Notice: Use of undefined constant footermsgtxt - assumed 'footermsgtxt' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 123

Notice: Use of undefined constant email_send - assumed 'email_send' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 124

Notice: Use of undefined constant attachmentdir - assumed 'attachmentdir' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 125

Notice: Use of undefined constant attachments - assumed 'attachments' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 126

Notice: Use of undefined constant attachments_view - assumed 'attachments_view' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 127

Notice: Use of undefined constant download_dir - assumed 'download_dir' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 128

Notice: Use of undefined constant defaultpopserver - assumed 'defaultpopserver' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 129

Notice: Use of undefined constant singleaccount - assumed 'singleaccount' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 130

Notice: Use of undefined constant singleaccountname - assumed 'singleaccountname' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 131

Notice: Use of undefined constant numaccounts - assumed 'numaccounts' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 132

Notice: Use of undefined constant imgpath - assumed 'imgpath' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 133

Notice: Use of undefined constant filter_forward - assumed 'filter_forward' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 134

Notice: Use of undefined constant moderate - assumed 'moderate' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 135

Notice: Use of undefined constant admingraphic - assumed 'admingraphic' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 136

Notice: Use of undefined constant httpref - assumed 'httpref' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 137

Notice: Use of undefined constant httprefmax - assumed 'httprefmax' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 138

Notice: Use of undefined constant CensorMode - assumed 'CensorMode' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 139

Notice: Use of undefined constant CensorReplace - assumed 'CensorReplace' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 140

Notice: Use of undefined constant copyright - assumed 'copyright' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 141

Notice: Use of undefined constant Version_Num - assumed 'Version_Num' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 142

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php:18) in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 165

Notice: Constant _YOUHAVE already defined in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\language\lang-english.php on line 159

Notice: Use of undefined constant main_module - assumed 'main_module' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\index.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\index.php on line 24

Notice: Use of undefined constant nohtml - assumed 'nohtml' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\index.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: file in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\index.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined index: 2 in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 217

Notice: Undefined variable: modpath in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\index.php on line 54

Notice: Use of undefined constant admin - assumed 'admin' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 174

Notice: Constant _ADD already defined in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\modules\News\language\lang-english.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined variable: op in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\modules\News\index.php on line 201

Notice: Undefined variable: new_topic in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\modules\News\index.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: 1 in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 521

Notice: Use of undefined constant END_TRANSACTION - assumed 'END_TRANSACTION' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\db\mysql.php on line 117

Notice: Use of undefined constant user_password - assumed 'user_password' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 524

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 525

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 408

Notice: Undefined index: 2 in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 217

Notice: Undefined variable: op in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\banners.php on line 369

Notice: Use of undefined constant bid - assumed 'bid' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\banners.php on line 38

Notice: Use of undefined constant imageurl - assumed 'imageurl' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\banners.php on line 39

Notice: Use of undefined constant clickurl - assumed 'clickurl' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\banners.php on line 40

Notice: Use of undefined constant alttext - assumed 'alttext' in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\banners.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined index: 1 in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 194

Notice: Undefined variable: sitename in f:\pusatreview\phpnuke\themes\DeepBlue\theme.php on line 69

and other error
someone help me plz...
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your php.ini file, for register_globals turn it on, if it fails, than I am not sure, I had that exact problem and fixed it by changing the register_globals to on. Can you post a link?
moqnu
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: line 88 Reply with quote

I am also getting this and everything is entered correctly? can anyone help??

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in E:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88

:(
pibby
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I followed the instructions exactly- global thing is on, error reporting is off, etc. This is what I'm getting when I point to the nuke file in the sql folder (in PHP MyAdmin)
Error

SQL-query :

--
------------------------------------------------------- --
--
--
CREATE TABLE confirm(

confirm_id char( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
session_id char( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
code char( 6 ) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY ( session_id, confirm_id )
) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '---------------------------------------------------------
--

Any help would be appreciated :)
pibby
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I installed the ODBC driver 3.51 and suddenly everything is working fine now.
Thanks for the great tutorial, I appreciate you taking the time to help out :)
DrScares
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am having the same problem that pibby had. I get the exact same error message. I tried installing the ODBC Driver, put it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Webbie74
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been having this problem to, i've installed the odbc driver and works correctly, but i'm getting the same error as pibby...
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pibby wrote:
Well I followed the instructions exactly- global thing is on, error reporting is off, etc. This is what I'm getting when I point to the nuke file in the sql folder (in PHP MyAdmin)
Error

SQL-query :

--
------------------------------------------------------- --
--
--
CREATE TABLE confirm(

confirm_id char( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
session_id char( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
code char( 6 ) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY ( session_id, confirm_id )
) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '---------------------------------------------------------
--

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hmmmm what versions of mySQL are you guys using?
Webbie74
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm using MySQL version 4.0.15
DrScares
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that is the version I am using as well. It is the newest version downloaded off of their website.

Another interesting aspect. I have searched all over for the answer to this question. On a different message board I discovered that if you copy and paste the text of the NUKE.SQL into the area of phpmyadmin it would work. It didn't for me, but apparently it did for a lot of other people.

It seems that not very many people have this problem, but those that do don't really know what to do about it. People have thought it was a corrupted NUKE.SQL file, but it was the one that came with the download of PHPNuke.

I don't know, I'm not very well versed in this stuff, but I have tried looking everywhere to no avail. Nothing seems to work.
DrScares
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is kind of interesting.

I was looking at the NUKE.SQL file and it says its for server version 3.23.54. Could this be the problem? And if so, is there a NUKE.SQL for version 4.0.15?

UPDATE

Well, this could work. I found on a message board somewhere to try this:

Open NUKE.SQL with a text editor. Do find/replace and Replace all the "--" with "#--" without the "". Then copy the entire text of the file and paste it into the "Run SQL query/queries on database phpnukedata" dialogue box. Then push "GO" It seems like it worked for me.

Hope it works!
Webbie74
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one DrScares it worked for me. I just browsed for the nuke file and hit the go button.

Thank you verry much.... :D
Karasu Kami
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: bleh Reply with quote

Quote:
Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 16

Notice: import_request_variables(): No prefix specified - possible security hazard in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 39

Notice: Undefined variable: forum_admin in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined variable: inside_mod in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: inside_mod in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 44

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88

help? TT.TT;;;
http://quartermoon.info
http://loc.paeon-hosting.com
http://genjipoetry.paeon-hosting.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: bleh Reply with quote

Karasu Kami,

Search for "notices" on the PHP section of this forum to know how to disable notices displaying.
Puckey
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8O hey im puck again...my head hurts of thinking how to fix it but everything seems to be ok... this is my error message.

can sumebody help me ova?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ryukuchan
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Still not working? Reply with quote

I set it up properly, php, mysql, myphpadmin, abyss. Except when I try to go to phpnuke it simply displays a blank page. What should I do?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
dcn30
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: i got ERROR!! please help! Reply with quote

When starting: http://localhost/sfgi - I got this
error: pleeasee help - I am MySQL Newbie! thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in C:\PROGRAMME\ABYSS WEB SERVER\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: i got ERROR!! please help! Reply with quote

dcn30 wrote:
When starting: http://localhost/sfgi - I got this
error: pleeasee help - I am MySQL Newbie! thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in C:\PROGRAMME\ABYSS WEB SERVER\phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88

What are the instructions in line 88 of C:\PROGRAMME\ABYSS WEB SERVER\phpnuke\db\db.php?
StyX^^
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it means that the page cannot connect to the database
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrScares wrote:
Ok, this is kind of interesting.

I was looking at the NUKE.SQL file and it says its for server version 3.23.54. Could this be the problem? And if so, is there a NUKE.SQL for version 4.0.15?

UPDATE

Well, this could work. I found on a message board somewhere to try this:

Open NUKE.SQL with a text editor. Do find/replace and Replace all the "--" with "#--" without the "". Then copy the entire text of the file and paste it into the "Run SQL query/queries on database phpnukedata" dialogue box. Then push "GO" It seems like it worked for me.

Hope it works!

I did that, I was able to load everything in phpmyadmin, but in index.php and admin.php I get:

Quote:

## Removed by the forum moderator

In my config.php I have:

Quote:

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "Hunted";
$dbpass = "password";
$dbname = "nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";
$gfx_chk = 7;
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunted, next time atleast put a link to your site, this is really wasteing space for Aprelium,

Anyways I will quote from aprelium

aprelium wrote:

Search for "notices" on the PHP section of this forum to know how to disable notices displaying.

Because everything there is just notices
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that would do much, because we turn off our PC's at night at like 10:30
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: