Cant change to port 80?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdee
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Cant change to port 80?! Reply with quote

Man I cant change the abyss port thing to port 80?! When I do it gives me an error saying The port is already used by another application or the access to it is denied. Please help! It might be because of apache cause I installed it before but I uninstalled it I think. I dunno. But plz help cause I need to get it on port 80 or cant can get it to work! :evil:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a program called active ports (http://www.ntutility.com/freeware.html) it scans all the ports on your machine and tells you what program is running on it...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to allow the console access to port 80? The console is much better at port 9999...

Console access should be any port above 9999 and to serve webpages should be port 80 or safe to go with 8000 or above.

Console access 9999+ but only on a port by itself.
Server port 80 or 8000+ but not on the console port.

WhiteDevil did recommend a good program to check your ports. It could be a firewall, anti-virus or another server blocking access. If the program isn't important on port 80 simply kill it but probably better to configure it to use another port.

Good luck :)
enko
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: NAPT Reply with quote

Use napt and set 80 to your server local address
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: