Mozilla on Linux does not run script .....blog.r

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfdutcher
-

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Mozilla on Linux does not run script .....blog.r Reply with quote

I downloaded Rebol to my Mepis Linux system since after uploading my Windows de-bugged blog.r to a Linux host...it fails to run there. I presume to have to 're-debug it' under Linux and upload again.
I untared the download from rebol.com and have the rebol binary in my cgi-bin along with the blog.r script.
When I point the browser (Mozilla) to the blog.r script (http://127.0.0.1:8000/cgi-bin/blog.r) Mozill responds with a dialog message box stating that the file is an 'application/octet-stream' and Mozilla doesn't know what to do with it..... (why ??). I suggest to Mozilla a file to 'open' blog.r with.....the rebol binary of course...and Mozilla responds with a 'waiting....' msg for a few moments and then.....nothing.

What do I need to do to get rebol to execute under Linux/Mozilla ?? The blog.r has the usual shebang line:
#! /home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol -cs
John D.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mozilla on Linux does not run script .....blog.r Reply with quote

jfdutcher,

The easiest way is to declare a new interpreter in Abyss Web Server which executable is the rebol binary and which is associated with files which extension is .r .
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jfdutcher
-

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Running a script under Aprelium and Mozilla Reply with quote

Your advice was excellent.... and lets me get to an 'Internal Error 500' message.
This is what the log says:

CGI: [/home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol.r blog.r ] URI: /cgi-bin/blog.r Execve error - Exec format error
CGI: [/home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol.r blog.r ] URI: /cgi-bin/blog.r Broken pipe

Can you verify that this is some sort of Rebol script error rather than a sign of still more improvement needed in the 'set-up' of the server ?
The script runs O.K. on Windows under Abyss (they're supposed to run unchanged on any platform :-):-) ) Usually Rebol blog.r displays errors on the returning web page...but nothing comes back but the stock 500 page.
THanks, John D.
-

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Running a script under Aprelium and Mozilla Reply with quote

jfdutcher wrote:

CGI: [/home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol.r blog.r ] URI: /cgi-bin/blog.r Execve error - Exec format error
CGI: [/home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol.r blog.r ] URI: /cgi-bin/blog.r Broken pipe

The error suggests that you've set /home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol.r as your rebol interpreter. It is unlikely that this file rebol.r is the Rebol interpreter executable. It seems to be a plain text file containing a script.

According to your previous posts, /home/jfdutcher/abyss/abyssws/htdocs/cgi-bin/rebol seems to be your Rebol interpreter (and it seems to require an extra argument when declaring it: -cs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: