Asian (Specifically Japanese) Text Support In URL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vahn
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Asian (Specifically Japanese) Text Support In URL Reply with quote

Just wondering if this is even possible,

Like say for Instance i go for:

Http://www.Mysite.com/Some/Folder/JapaneseFileばか.txt

With abyss It 404s Saying /Some/Folder/JapaneseFile??.txt Can't Be Found, Witch is Obvious because the name contains Japanese Characters...

Now.. I Have Asian Characters Support Enabled on the Server And The Browser/Client... But that doesn't seam to help.. i assume its something with Abyss.... But it could be something with just my server...

Let me know
-Vahn
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with PHP and FastCGI when using Swedish chars (ćäö). Are you trying to view a dynamic page?

By the way, Japanese file names shouldn't be a problem...
aprelium.com wrote:
Unicode compliant

Abyss Web Server supports file names and URLs written in any human language.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Asian (Specifically Japanese) Text Support In URL Reply with quote

Vahn,

Abyss Web Server supports URLs containing any type of characters provided that you are not using Windows 95/98/ME (which do not support Unicode file names) and provided that your browser supports Unicode/UTF8 in URLs (IE needs to have a setting turned on to do that - Firefox, Opera, and Safari work fine).

Note that we have tested that feature with several non-Latin scripts (such as Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Cyrillic) with no problems at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: