Opening pages.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Opening pages. Reply with quote

I am having problems accessing my site pages. For instance (and i will explain in full).

Im using a domain name. This is forewarded to my IP. I have a BT HUb set up at port 80 on the firewall. I have Windows Live Care also set up to (accept incoming and outgoing) also on port 80. So there should be nop problem with filrewall. Abyss is being allowed to access the internet through my Windows Live One Care. And my domain name is set up to foreward to my IP. I have set a long timeout for abyss and still it takes ages to acces a pages from the internet if at all. It then reports a Page Could Not Be Loaded (blank white page.)

Also when i use scripts (PHP) if i read the page by the time come to click another link. Nothing happens. The links and pages no longer work, but if i rush through the scripts clicking links theyre ok.????

Oh sometimes also it works fine loading the page immediately. When they dont load i usually log off then log back on again and usually sorts the problem out. But not always. Does anyone have an idea what could be going on here.

Id be very grateful if someone could help as im spending my time sorting program problems out instead of selling my wares as it were.

Thanks again for previous help.. Good luck all.

S Hawkins.

At first i thought the problem i was having was due to accessing scripts. However the smae problem exists when i try to open an html page.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem would be that you have two things running on port 80 (how I don't know since it shouldn't be possible). You need to move one of the applications to another port or disable it completely. This is causing the conflict and one application is getting in first (mostly the other one by the sound of it).
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Spoke too soon Reply with quote

Its gone slow again. Is there a way for me to see which programs are listening at 80 or any other programs that may be listening at 80
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
edimatrix
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Spoke too soon Reply with quote

svankamon wrote:
Its gone slow again. Is there a way for me to see which programs are listening at 80 or any other programs that may be listening at 80

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

You can download a program which shows which applications are using the ports on your PC from the above link. There are many similar utilities available.

Regards
Chris
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening pages. Reply with quote

svankamon,

Do you experience the same delays when accessing your pages using a local URL (as in http://127.0.0.1)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: