Learning PHP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Learning PHP Reply with quote

hiya guys,
im guessing that a few people here have learnt PHP since you are developing your own scripts.. i would love to know where you started learning as i am considering learning php...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with asking where to start if you've never really programmed before. I always dealt with bits and pieces but I am too interested in a true beginners path to php.

For example can it be learned completely by itself? I mean should I first understand C+ fundamentals? Should I start learning college level math? etc?

Its one of the greatest turn offs in trying to educate ones self in an area such as programming and in any language, havin to start somewhere else...

If anyone can suggest a good read, a good book that says hey WE UNDERSTAND YOU'VE NEVER PROGRAMMED A KEYBOARD BUT YOU TOO CAN LEARN PHP...

Good start of a question WhiteDevil I sure hope someone is kind enough.

PS. Also the read or book shouldn't assume I am a genius or have completed a 4 years master in astronomical physics... It should be in clear english and not have to require learning a dictionary first... Thanks :)
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.devshed.com is very good.

also, for problems you encounter whilst coding, www.php.net is a dictionary and tool you cannot be without.

If you have msn or icq, let me know your details and I can send you a .pdf of a book for learning php - its advanced but useful :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site ( http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Tips_and_Tutorials/Introduction_to_PHP/ ) also have many tutorials for PHP beginners.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, just keep these coming in. Anyone got anything more beginner scaled and I'll surely appreciate it if you post it... If anyone wants to eventually do some hands on "no questions, learn" you can IM me or email me... thanks :)

PS. pretend trying to teach the abc's to a child... that level of php reference and guide material... Thanks again :)
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thanks guys, im not looking around the hotscripts site soon to be followed by devshed - will post here if i find anything useful...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: