Problem accessing virtual folder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndhunay
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Problem accessing virtual folder Reply with quote

I have created a virtual folder that works correctly when I enter it into the address bar of a browser. However when I use it within my code it doesn't seem to work.

public static readonly string VIRTUAL_FOLDER_BASE_PATH = "~/navnet/";

Here is the declaration for the variable I am using with the virtual path. This works perfectly under IIS but does not seem to work on the Abyss Web Server.

Any thoughts?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem accessing virtual folder Reply with quote

ndhunay,

IIS uses some undocumented features in ASP.NET to allow mapping from a virtual path declared in the Web server to a real path. This is unfirtunately not possible with our ASP.NET connector.

The only solution is to change your code to hand the real path mapping directly to your ASP.NET code.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
R-Alalia
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the same problem then i searched it on the internet and found the answer. You First, create a folder in your "Abyss Web Server" program folder called "vhosts_error", now open your Abyss Web Server console and click "Add" under the Hosts table. We need to create a new replacement for the "Default Host on Port #", but with the same settings. Fill out the form and click OK to create the new "Virtual Host." Your settings should look a little like this.

Click Configure on the "Default Host on Port #." Go to "Logging", and change the Log File path to log/vhosts_error.log. Click OK. Go to "General", change the Documents Path to vhosts_error/ Click OK and restart Abyss Web Server

Ok, now that we have our "Default Host on Port #" setup as our target for browsers that fail to send the "HTTP_HOST" header, we can finally configure it. Download vhost_old_clients.zip, and extract the contents to your "vhosts_error" folder. Open your console, and click "Configure" for the "Default Host on Port #." Go to "Custom Error Pages" and copy this setting:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: