Site address doesnt register with other site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iqariar
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Site address doesnt register with other site Reply with quote

I have a script that call to a translation service. The script workd but the translation site says the url is bad. I also tried to you my domain to forward to the address and it said the same thing. So I tried to surf there using some proxy surfers, again it said the url was bad. What can I do so outside sites can use and verify my address?

Please help :cry:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Site address doesnt register with other site Reply with quote

iqariar wrote:
I have a script that call to a translation service. The script workd but the translation site says the url is bad. I also tried to you my domain to forward to the address and it said the same thing. So I tried to surf there using some proxy surfers, again it said the url was bad. What can I do so outside sites can use and verify my address?

Please help :cry:

hiya,
i would like to emphasise Dave's point. Please tell us what OS you are running, what the script is and where it can be got etc etc, so we can try and recreate the problem and solve it...

when you get the bad URL error is that all that is shown on the screen? by the sounds of it the error is with the page that is shown after the translation is done.

are you behind a network firewall to begin with, if so try disabling it then trying. If it works with the firewall disabled then just find a workaround the firewall instead of spending time trying to workaround the firewall then it still doesnt work...

if you can get more details i will try to help as best i can...

:)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone outside your network from the public view your page?
Yes. Something might be wrong with the script or PERL itself. Listen to WhiteDevil
No. Listen to WhiteDevil

Are you getting a "page cannot be displayed error"? Chances are no one, a script, a bot or even the beyond can reach your page...

Are you linking the translation to your IP? Which IP are you giving them? Does you IP change a lot or is it the same all the time?

You have to start it with http:// and it cannot contain a www.
It cannot be any of the following:
localhost
192.168.0.1 or above

If you're using a port number add it on to the end...
Is your page or directory password protected?

Listen to WhiteDevil and try to fill us in on the details as best you can... That always helps :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: