2 Servers 1 Static WAN IP on 1 Router

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwebb
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: 2 Servers 1 Static WAN IP on 1 Router Reply with quote

Hi.. I have 1 Server machine thats Wins XP Pro.. sp3, abyss x2, php5, Mysql5, and all other main script languages etc as well as a simpledns Pro Server, All runs great, Handles multiple sites, on Port :80, with no probs and no port blocks etc by isp..
I then wished to gain some LAMP Enviroment experience, and so on an older wins machine, I reformated to Linux, SuSe Distro.. Running the aforesaid LAMP modules. Both machines have static Lan ip's and the port forwarding to both machines is via the router, this Server machine runs fine also, hosting 2 sites via Apache, but... You guessed it .. on Port :81 Which is ok for testing but I'd Like the Linux machine to also be Port:80. I cant implement this from the DNSServer for obvious reasons. And also cant implement this via port farwarding from the router. As far as I can assertain I hope to be able to perform this from the Abyss url_re_write option, I have tried a few variables there but have had no luck.. Can you help please. To re-cap.. I'd like requests for example.com re-directed to example.com:81 .
Best Regards
A.Webb
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
alwebb
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: 2 Servers 1 Static WAN IP on 1 Router "Solved" Reply with quote

Well thanks to anyone that gave my problem some concideration, but I have solved it myself in the end.. The only solution I came up with was a Reverse Proxy Server, I had already read up on the subject but was hopeing for a simpler solution. However now I have it all configured and implemented, its pretty cool and also means I can add any futher machines to my network, be they Windows or Nix.. :-)
Have a great weekend
Cheers
Al
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> URL Rewriting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: