make a guestbook using frontpage and publish it using Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mel
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: make a guestbook using frontpage and publish it using Abyss Reply with quote

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.
This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

i got this message when i try to submit a post to my guestbook which i use frontpage to make it. somebody can sort this out??? [/list][/list][/code][/quote]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front page is not supported by abyss. So front page will not work on till aprelium can get the stuff they need from Microsoft
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: any suggestions??? Reply with quote

what other method can i use to form a guestbook in my page using abyss...for your information i publish my page not to internet...just for intranet use...btw thanks for your reply...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: any suggestions??? Reply with quote

mel wrote:
what other method can i use to form a guestbook in my page using abyss?

You should use PHP. There are tons of free guestbooks for it, and writing your own isn't that hard.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, internet or intranet Front page isnt supported you may use Perl, PHP, Ruby, ETC..... BUT make sure you have the correct language installed (php perl, ETC...) and that it functions
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very likely that frontpage will never be supported by Abyss. M$ won't release the code for it and extracting it from IIS etc would be breaking copyright laws etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: