How to get free or little cost domains

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayon
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: How to get free or little cost domains Reply with quote

I like everyone I have been searching a way to host my on domain and none of this subdomain or fameset junk either. You wont need to put a logo or link on it and it would be all yours. you could really have yourdomain.com and it be abolutely free. I have been searching for a type of software program most people dont even consiter of using or never knew about it. I was looking for a DNS server that was free to use and it could work. Now I'm not saying that this is easy to setup or anything but it could be worth it. This program you may want to read the manual anyways. This program will support all kinds of DNS records and can be used on networks, if you have more than one computer but not in the network, that wont be a problem. It can be used for multiple IPs.

The program is called Simple DNS. Now if you have figured out how to set up your records, mainly the NS. You will need to go to http://www.internic.net/alpha.html and choose a registrar. There are free and paid. I haven't had the time to look over the list yet but there are some that are free, actually the first on the list is but I am not sure about them. If anyone knows about these registrars please post a comment on the best used one please, cuz I am still searching. I beleive if you have all your records in order for your DNS you will be able to run through one of these registrars applications very quickly becuase you willl need that information to set up your domain to look to your Ip address. Don't worry this program can setup ftp servers and mail servers on the dns for your website and a many dns records.

The tools that this progam offers is very awesome. You can literally control ever aspect of all your domains. If you are wanting to host more than one zone(domains) you will need to buy a license. Here is the info on that:

Quote:

-------------------------------------Single license ----- 2 or more licenses
"5 zones" license ----------------- US$ 79.00 ------- US$ 69.00 per license
"25 zones" license --------------- US$ 119.00 ------ US$ 99.00 per license
"100 zones" license ------------- US$ 179.00 ------ US$ 139.00 per license
"Unlimited zones" license ------ US$ 259.00 ------- US$ 199.00 per license
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you got X2 you could literally become your own hosting service and make money off of this. It is a good buy.

I haven't had the chance yet to set up my own domain on this yet but later on I will provide a domain I am hosting for FREE on my computer.

YOu can download this program here: http://www.simpledns.com/download.aspx

My only advice if you do successfully get your domain setted up on you computer you may want to get some security software of some kind.

Minimum system requirements:
A Pentium 200mhz computer running any version of Windows 98, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, or Vista.
On Windows NT4, Simple DNS Plus requires NT Service Pack 6a or later and Internet Explorer 4 or later.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
loloyd
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a swell idea, rayon. People can also find the cheapest domain prices here:
http://domain-registration.domaintools.com/index.php?o=price&s=a

http://home.loloyd.com/ is online if the logo graphic at left is showing.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use www.lycos.co.uk since their .co.uk domains are just under £5 for two years. A bargain :-)
blackfordgr
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go thru yahoo small business or do a search. you cant get a domain thru them for $1.99 for the 1st yr and then it goes to $9.99 after that
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
anybody
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mydomain.com is 9$ a year and comes with free dns management of your domains.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: