php-win.exe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: php-win.exe? Reply with quote

I was poking around the php5 folder and noticed something along with that usual php-cgi.php, and php.exe i happened to noticed php-win.exe as an interperator. Is this new with that latest version of php, would it be better to use this instead of php-cgi (insce im on a windows system)?
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: php-win.exe? Reply with quote

hc2995,

All of them are PHP interpreters, but php-cgi supports CGI/FastCGI while php-win is not meant to be used with a web server. http://us3.php.net/features.commandline reads:

Quote:
As of PHP 5, a new php-win.exe file is distributed. This is equal to the CLI version, except that php-win doesn't output anything and thus provides no console (no "dos box" appears on the screen). This behavior is similar to php-gtk. You should configure with --enable-cli-win32.

hc2995
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLI iv read that some where, isnt it used for general purpose scripts on linux boxes?
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hc2995 wrote:
CLI iv read that some where, isnt it used for general purpose scripts on linux boxes?

CLI means command line interface. It can be used to write PHP scripts for general use (like .bat files) on any operating system.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
hc2995 wrote:

CLI means command line interface. It can be used to write PHP scripts for general use (like .bat files) on any operating system.

I use the standard php.exe for my BAT scripts. I just run it as another user to avoid the pop-up cmd boxes. Maybe its worth switching...
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use php-win.exe to run applications in the background on my cousines computer to control how much time he spends in front of the computer (as requested by my aunt). The application will simply make a request to my server each 5 minutes and check if the user is allowed to be logged in. I've also renamed the php-win.exe to svchost.exe to make it a bit more secure.

Sure, it's pretty easy to bypass such a system, but I figured he will be mature enough to handle his time in front of the computer when he does. The administration panel is pretty simple (demo) and displays a bit of statistic about how much the computer has been used when logged in as the administrator. Guests only have the right to view the current schedule (or no access at all, can be configured in the admin panel).

If anyone is interested in getting the source code, I'll be happy to share it. Just PM me.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
sumitohri
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:

If anyone is interested in getting the source code, I'll be happy to share it. Just PM me.

Since am new to the forum... am unable to PM you... if you could, please PM me your email ID so I could get the source code..

I really appreciate your help
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumitohri wrote:
cmxflash wrote:

Since am new to the forum... am unable to PM you... if you could, please PM me your email ID so I could get the source code..

You should be able to PM now.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumitohri wrote:
cmxflash wrote:

Sorry, but cmxflash has not been on this forum for over a year now.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: