Just a little help to get me going if possible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donquick
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Just a little help to get me going if possible Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to start experimenting with asp for personal interest and some web development stuff. I understand that i need a personal web server to emulate the server side processes. So ...

I have downloaded the Abyss Web server and the asp addon from the third party. I have made all the changes to the config to accomodate the asp interpreter and all is well. So the little blue icon is sitting in the taskbar and ready for action. Now what do i do ?

I have created an asp file or two (plus there are several examples in the thrid party folders). But how do i get them to work. I click on the asp file and nothing happens - i open a browser and do open etc... and nothing happens. I have put the asps in the Abbyss HTdocs subdirectory and tried it. I have put the asps in the Selisoft ahtml directory and tried it.

What am i missing please.

Thanks for your help,

Magnus
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant just open the file in explorer, the webserver and interpreter must process it. Go to http://127.0.0.1/file.asp. File.asp should be in your htdocs folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: