make first website but need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RadarG
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: make first website but need help Reply with quote

I made my first website and copied the htm files into the hcdocs directory but when i go to pull up my page i have a list of the files I thought that as long as the index was there it would go to that one please help justin I'm using front page to make the site
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: index.html, index.htm, htm, html, directory Reply with quote

It shouldn't really matter what editor you use to create your site with... Just make sure located within the htdocs directory is a file called "index.htm" or index.html"

You might wish to check your index files within the Abyss console in case somehow they've been tampered with...

If the site you're working on requires active languages changing the extension on the end of your files make sure of two things...

One you have the intrepreter (.php uses php and .asp or asa uses AHTML) make sure that is also setup correctly...

Lets us know what the problem is in clearer detail if possible... Also it would help much to let us know of whether you solved it or not... Thanks :)
RadarG
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: got the website fixed Reply with quote

I must have had more then one index file
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it working now? What was the problem? Please share it with us, thank you :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: