password help lockout of server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trotter
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: password help lockout of server Reply with quote

I check the box root/localhost in the phpmyadmin permissions and got the following :Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1130 - Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

So I'm denied access from my computer.
I screwed up! Looked through documentation for about 2hrs. Can't find how to undo what I had done.
Thanx. Tom
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
razorsedge
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would try uninstalling it then reinstalling the mysql... next configure the file in you phpmyadmin with abyssunderground.co.uk follow those tut. they are MUCH better!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
trotter
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinstalling does no good....Sh*T.
Tom
Marty
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

open your database folder(mysql etc..), open data folder and delete mysql database which is whats used to store all such passwords you may have changed.

uninstall & reinstall your mysql into the same directory, you won't lose any data from your sites.

rename or delete any config files within your phpmyadmin or just delete the hole thing and reinstall/upload.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine the program MySQLAdmin and add "localhost" again. There is a topic somewhere on how to do this. It simply contained this screenshot:

[/img]
Marty
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@trotter

Please bear in mind, theres a lot of confusion on these forums lately, (maybe its just me ?) but some people as well respected as they are, seem to think that there tutorials are the only way :? , I put this to you, that when asking asking a question you should state exactly what version of OS you are using including what versions of any software problems your having problems with, thus anybody using Aprelium Technologies recommended site/support/tutorials will be able to help to you out... after all, we bought or are using Aprelium Technologies software, not a third party wanabe.

Aprelium, you could probable knock off 40mb from you database if there wasn't so many contradictionary postings.

Bookmark deleted iam outa here. i'll renew my subscription next time around as usual and leave you lot alone...

Cya on the web..
Marty
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trotter,

If you are still having problems, what version of phpmyadmin are you using ? Also, copy and paste the top part of your config.inc.php file here.

All you need to paste is the top of the file, not the whole thing!!!

Just down to this line!!!

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; // MySQL user

Change any sensitive information if you want!
trotter
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
trotter,

If you are still having problems, what version of phpmyadmin are you using ? Also, copy and paste the top part of your config.inc.php file here.

lastest ver of everything. windows ME

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://192.168.1.101/phpmyadmin/';

/**
* Disable the default warning that is displayed on the DB Details Structure page if
* any of the required Tables for the relationfeatures could not be found
*/
$cfg['PmaNoRelation_DisableWarning'] = FALSE;

/**
* The 'cookie' auth_type uses blowfish algorithm to encrypt the password. If
* at least one server configuration uses 'cookie' auth_type, enter here a
* passphrase that will be used by blowfish. The maximum length seems to be 46
* characters.
*/
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'levi';

/**
* Server(s) configuration
*/
$i = 0;
// The $cfg['Servers'] array starts with $cfg['Servers'][1]. Do not use
// $cfg['Servers'][0]. You can disable a server config entry by setting host
// to ''. If you want more than one server, just copy following section
// (including $i incrementation) serveral times. There is no need to define
// full server array, just define values you need to change.
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = ''; // MySQL port - leave blank for default port
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ''; // Path to the socket - leave blank for default socket
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp'; // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql'; // The php MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = FALSE; // Use compressed protocol for the MySQL connection
// (requires PHP >= 4.3.0)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = ''; // MySQL control user settings
// (this user must have read-only
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = ''; // access to the "mysql/user"
// and "mysql/db" tables).
// The controluser is also
// used for all relational
// features (pmadb)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; // Authentication method (valid choices: config, http, HTTP or cookie)

All you need to paste is the top of the file, not the whole thing!!!

Just down to this line!!!

Change any sensitive information if you want!
Ralph
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trotter,

Your config.inc.php file looks good to me! Although I use 127.0.0.1 where you have 192.168.1.101 but that may not make a difference. Might try it though! Also make sure the line with the password is left blank like this,

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

So, lets back up here. You said you put a check in the box by the user in phpmyadmin. When you did that did you click on the small pencil at the right to make sure that user has all privileges?

What I did when I set my user up is make a new user. Go in phpmyadmin and click Privileges, than click on Add a new User. Than give that new user all privileges and a password, than take all the privileges away from the root@localhost or delete the root name user and push apply.

Make sure the settings take before you exit phpmyadmin...

Might give that a try.

You are sure that PHP and the MYSQL server are working, correct? And, the folder is named phpmyadmin, correct?

Try to give us any more info you can, if still not working and we will get it figured out okay!
trotter
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
trotter,

Your config.inc.php file looks good to me! Although I use 127.0.0.1 where you have 192.168.1.101 but that may not make a difference. Might try it though! Also make sure the line with the password is left blank like this,

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

yes it's blank

So, lets back up here. You said you put a check in the box by the user in phpmyadmin. When you did that did you click on the small pencil at the right to make sure that user has all privileges?

no I checked the box to the left of root /loclhost, I think!

What I did when I set my user up is make a new user. Go in phpmyadmin and click Privileges, than click on Add a new User. Than give that new user all privileges and a password, than take all the privileges away from the root@localhost or delete the root name user and push apply.

counldn't get in to phpmyadmin" denied localhost" had to reinstall everything, now the server is not responding. I get the wellcome screen though.

Make sure the settings take before you exit phpmyadmin...

Might give that a try.

You are sure that PHP and the MYSQL server are working, correct? And, the folder is named phpmyadmin, correct?

Try to give us any more info you can, if still not working and we will get it figured out okay!
Ralph
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trotter,

A couple things to try, first try to change 192.168.1.101 to 127.0.0.1

Than try this, open up notepad and put this line of code in the Notepad file <?php phpinfo() ; ?>

Than save that file as test.php make sure when you save it, to change the Save as type to "All Files" than push save. Place the 'test.php' file into your web root folder, most likely "htdocs" and than open up a browser and type in http://localhost/test.php

Does this pull up your php file?

The next thing, Just putting a check mark by the user in the phpmyadmin will not do anything. You need to make sure that whatever user you want to login to phpmyadmin with has been granted all privileges to them. There is a small pencil icon on the right side to edit privileges. Make sure the user has all privileges grant = yes, by clicking on that pencil icon in the name row...
trotter
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
trotter,

A couple things to try, first try to change 192.168.1.101 to 127.0.0.1

Than try this, open up notepad and put this line of code in the Notepad file <?php phpinfo() ; ?>

tested works

Than save that file as test.php make sure when you save it, to change the Save as type to "All Files" than push save. Place the 'test.php' file into your web root folder, most likely "htdocs" and than open up a browser and type in http://localhost/test.php

Does this pull up your php file?

The next thing, Just putting a check mark by the user in the phpmyadmin will not do anything. You need to make sure that whatever user you want to login to phpmyadmin with has been granted all privileges to them. There is a small pencil icon on the right side to edit privileges. Make sure the user has all privileges grant = yes, by clicking on that pencil icon in the name row...

server not responding, can't get server to run at all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: