Guide: How to Install MySQL
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did this guide help you with your installation?
Yes - It Was Helpful
75%
 75%  [ 189 ]
No - But Helpful
6%
 6%  [ 16 ]
No - I've got problems
15%
 15%  [ 38 ]
Other
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 249

vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Guide: How to Install MySQL Reply with quote

Introduction
MySQL is a very popular database server and most scripts which rely on
a database give MySQL the respect that it deserves... You can find out
more about MySQL by going to the following address
http://www.mysql.com

Requirements
1. Abyss Web Server
2. MySQL
3. WinZIP

Installation Steps
1. Create a new directory in the Abyss program root directory
(not htdocs) called database.

2. Create a new folder inside database called mysql. You're
setup should probably now look like the following:
X:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql

Please Note:
Replace X:/ with your actual system path, C:/ or D:/, etc... Also,
make sure to place database/mysql into your Abyss path.

3. Unzip and Install MySQL into the new database/mysql
folder.

4. Create a new text file and copy the following and paste it
into your new text file.

Code:
[mysqld]
basedir=X:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/
datadir=X:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/data/

Please Note:
Replace the values for basedir and datadir with the
paths to your installation if on another partition or if in another
directory... The file should probably now look like the following:

Code:
[mysqld]
basedir=C:/yourpathto/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/
datadir=C:/yourpathto/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/data/

5. Save the new text document as my.ini and save it in
either your C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT directory.

Re-cap
So far MySQL is installed into the database/mysql folder and you saved
a "my.ini" file into the WINDOWS/WINNT directory... Excellent!

6. Navigate your way into the database folder > mysql > bin and
launch winmysqladmin.exe

Final Step
Upon launching that file you should now see a traffic signal in your
system tray... Is the light green? Excellent you have MySQL ready to
serve...

TIP
MySQL is a fabulous server but requires plenty of command line
knowledge. Fortunately theirs a really nice GUI in php for it called
phpMyAdmin. Check out the following thread for a quick guide on
installing phpMyAdmin.
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1071

Good luck :)

Last edited by vbgunz on Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Se7eN
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is how to set pw??? :(
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its in the MySQL manual regarding commandlines or you can check out the phpMyAdmin guide which provides a really nice GUI to MySQL. Good luck :)
Robin
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I check id MySQL is really working or not?

And, whenever I wanna use MySQl, do I have to start that program winmysqladmin.exe?
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
How do I check id MySQL is really working or not? And, whenever I wanna use MySQl, do I have to start that program winmysqladmin.exe?

Last Paragraph wrote:
Upon launching that file you should now see a traffic signal in your system tray... Is the light green? Excellent you have MySQL ready to serve...

Is it green? Its working. As far as having to start winmysqladmin in order to start MySQL the simple answer is no. But, leave it to arguement and it is a good idea to launch it anyway as the traffic signal alone can tell you a lot about your database...

Otherwise, work your way into the MySQL database folder and dig in till you get to the bin folder. Once there, take a look inside. Sort it by names and starting from mysqld down to mysqld-opt are ways to start your database without winmysqladmin...

As far as the difference between them, it's too deep to cover here. Good luck :)
Robin
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, the green light comes :)

Where can I find more info about those other files ? and other ways to start the server?
thanks.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best place to find out about those files are in the manual. Its very large and very resourceful in regards to MySQL. You can also check out their site at http://www.mysql.com

BTW, I am happy the guide helped you out... Mind giving me feedback about the new guide appearance? Thanks :)
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Guide: How to Install MySQL Reply with quote

First, I have not used this guide when I installed MySQL a long time ago... but it seems to cover the basic installation parts. I do have some comments to this guide, if you don't mind... :-)

The install directory for MySQL should not be inside some other programs main directory. MySQL can be used by other programs than CGI applications in Abyss. Also if the user for some reason decide to uninstall Abyss and use some other web server, it will make their Program Files directory more 'clean' because the Abyss directory now can be removed (after backing up those html, php files of course). If there is some other programs installed inside this directory, it can not be removed... and the user can by a mistake manually remove the rest. I've seen this happend, and it's not a pretty sight. 8O

So I recommend choosing either X:\MySQL or X:\Program Files\MySQL as the target dir for the installation.

I also think you should have a section here explaining the first important steps on setting up the default root account, just to get people started. It's been awhile since I did this, but I think it goes something like this:

After starting up the winmysqladmin and you have green lights, access the database for the first time from your command prompt:
Code:
c:\mysql\bin> mysql -u root mysql

From inside the mysql prompt, switch to the mysql database where the user accounts are located:
Code:
mysql> use mysql;

Set the password for the root account:
Code:
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('new_password') WHERE user='root';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Remove the blank user accounts:
Code:
mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE user=’’;

I also delete the root account where the host field is set to '%'.
Code:
mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE user=’root’ AND host='%';

Now the database only have one account, root, with the default host field set to localhost, and with a fresh password. There are still many security issues, so users installing MySQL should be somewhat familiar with http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#Privilege_system .

The End... 8)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback Linker. I completely undestand your opinion about installing MySQL into a standlalone folder but this guide was created with only Abyss and its scripts in mind.

If anyone using Abyss needs MySQL for a script I simply thought MySQL would most likely only be used as an Abyss dependent application.

I've got my setup somewhat the same way and I do have other programs which need MySQL and they have no problem connecting to the port. Its not really a matter of where on the system path MySQL is located but whether or not the MySQL port is opened and running.

Also, other applications usually have a way to map system paths to MySQL and its vital parts.

I was thinking if I delete Abyss, I would no longer need MySQL and, other applications which need MySQL we're only really being used because Abyss needed them..

Your strongest point about nesting MySQL into another programs directory is the removing of the parent program. I completely agree with you on this point if someone wishes to delete Abyss but not MySQL...

If it came to this point, it shouldn't be much of a problem for the user if they simply backup all of their data... They can simply uninstall everyting, re-install MySQL where they wish and then re-install their data...

Another strong point about my setup is mobility. Abyss and MySQL are not too dependent on registry entries to run. They run perfectly together when I port them to another machine on the network.

As far as users having to password protect their database I strongly agree with you again. Theirs is so much to learn in regards to MySQL and I should at least have made a point in regards to it.

Overall, thank you for your feedback. I hope you understand I am not defending myself but letting you in on the reason about why I setup this guide this way.

Thanks Linker, your feedback and knowledge on these boards are always most valuable :)
booksiberia
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: placing the mysql subdirectory in the Abyss path? Reply with quote

Regarding the following:
"Also, make sure to place database/mysql into your Abyss path. "

how does one do that? by editing an environment variable? or by editing within the configuration file?
Please explain!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: placing the mysql subdirectory in the Abyss path? Reply with quote

booksiberia wrote:
Regarding the following:
"Also, make sure to place database/mysql into your Abyss path. "

how does one do that? by editing an environment variable? or by editing within the configuration file?
Please explain!
If Abyss is located at the following:
C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\ then MySQL would be located at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\data\mysql

In the end it doesn't really matter where you install MySQL. All that really matters is if it runs with a greenlight. If it has a greenlight most of your php scripts should run without a problem. Good luck :)
divaone
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Sheesh Reply with quote

I can't even get a green light! A while back I remember starting the mysql server and seeing nothing but green.. that was when I used phptriad. Since then I've screwed around with something and nothing seems to work anymore (minus aws :lol: ).

If someone could possibly help me just to get that nice green light to show I would greatly appreciate it. Here's some info:

win2000 sp3
    fresh install of mysql v4
    fresh install of MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51

in winmysqladmin I get:

environment

MyODBC: Not found
    Driver version: 03.51
    Driver and Setup: c:\winnt\system32\myodbc3.dll
    API level: 2
    sql level: 1

server check

mysql path's key is empty .... yes
    trying to fix
    found: c:/program files/abyss web server/database/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe

my.ini setup

[mysqld]
    basedir=C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/
    datadir=C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/data/
    [WinMySQLAdmin]
    Server=C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/database/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe

Anyone know what I've possibly done wrong or what further files (pray tell) I must download and install to get the service working correctly?

Thank you in advance for any help.
SamoanOnion
-

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i got the green light, how do I go about creating a database, im trying to us the phpbb forum and I'm not sure where my dbase is. I followed all the steps in setting up my.ini file and like I said i have the green light. how do I create a dbase, or if it is already created, how do I know what it's called???
8O 8O 8O
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either create your DB through commandline or follow this quick guide on installing phpMyAdmin which is a nice GUI for MySQL: http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1071

If you follow the the quick guide, once up (follow it closely) you'll be on your way to creating your phpBB DBs, users and passwords in no time with ease.

SamoanOnion
-

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I got the green light on the sql server part, I have the sql gui. I tried to create a dbase (using the gui) and it asked me a bunch of questions about how many fields and what type of fields. is there a way I can just create it, being that its gonna be used by the phpbb forum, how am I supposed to know how many fields and what type of fields they're supposed to be :?: :?: :?:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use phpMyAdmin to administer MySQL. Right on the main page is a text field... Enter the DB name and hit go, presto, its done... If you're using a GUI other than phpMyAdmin seek its documentation for help. Good luck :)
sido
-

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Nice tutorial, but... Reply with quote

It's a very clear tutorial only I don't really understand why you go through the trouble of making a my.ini file yourself. The winMySQLadmin GUI is perfectly capable of creating one.
You only have to give a username and a password.

Anyway I guess I'm just lazy :P
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, i followed the directions, but im getting a red light. I think its because of this:

in the "myODBC" text box it says "Driver 3.51 Not Found"

Is that a problem? Is there something else i need to do? Please help, thanks!

--could it be because im using xp? I noticed it says for win95/98/nt/2000 but it if works on all those (especially 95 ;)) it should work on xp....
s1asher
-

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that message shouldn't affect it i think. I'm runnin XP, and it says that for me as well, but it works fine. Onlt time I've had a redlight is if I have stopped the service. Are you sure that its fully running (i.e. the service is also loaded)?
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure becuase i never used mysql before. I follow the guide here... I also right clicked on the icon in the system try and click start the service and i get an error "Fails to start the service"

1.4 is the correct version, right?

---edit--

Ok! I reinstalled it and now i get a green light!!! wOOt!! :D
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your drives for a 0KB sized "PROGRAM" file with no extension. This was my number one problem with MySQL and the red light drama.

Look on the roots of your C:\, D:\, E:\, etc... You'll usually find it hanging out on your root somewhere... Search if you have to... Its name is "program", its size is "0KB", it has no extension....

PS. I believe its bug from the GUIAdmin... Not sure...
marcelwey
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: MySqladmin Reply with quote

I've got an question about MySQL database server, in the Enviroment tab under Local IP Adress must there stand my internet service provider adress or my local network adress? And how can i change that? :oops:
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too sure as I do not use the Admin GUI... Also if it runs and isn't broken why fix it? I believe the IP you see is automatically picked up by MySQL but can't be for sure as I do not use its native interface.

If it is running fine, your best bet is to leave it alone... It might seem simple but it is indeed much bigger than simple... Good luck :)
marcelwey
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that MySQL runs with Abyss Webserver, so it's automatically redericted to my isp ip, and it works fine now, thanx for your reply!
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it work for you before or were you having problems with it?
marcelwey
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know for sure :oops:
:? Maybe i've just thought that it will conflict eachoter, but it didn't :) 8)
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

What Should I do???
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like mysql is not running. Double check it. Good luck :)
nikolas22t
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha SQL got a green line ...i used the IIS SErver insted of Abyss :( But i cannot get it work
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phpBB doesn't come back with this error unless it cannot connect to the database. Perhaps MySQL is not running on its default port? Perhaps you told phpBB to find MySQL on another port? If you say theirs a green light then the ports are most likely misconfigured because MySQL and phpBB are not communicating.

phpBB is just telling you through an error that MySQL doesn't want to talk to it. Maybe their fighting? Good luck :)
nikolas22t
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: neww Error message :( Reply with quote

I Can understand was WRONG NOW I GET this mesage

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\phpBB-2.0.4\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\phpBB-2.0.4\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331

Any ideas? Could somebody HELP ME?
FIND ME AT MSN at nikolas_try@hotmail.com
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were working with phpBB just fine and then all of a sudden while browsing your forums you're approched with this error and cannot escape it, most like the communication between phpBB and MySQL got interupted.

Double check MySQL and make sure its running. Good luck :)
MurderDeathKill
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed MySQL. But the green light is not there. Its showing a red light instead.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ludde
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thx for this tutorial, but sometimes I must shut down the computer, I s there a way to let mysql server start up with win 2000, I did not do that today
racharoni
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have XP Pro, and had a red light. If anyone has the same problem as I did, try changing "database" to "databa~" in your my.ini file.

Thanks for the tutorial, btw. :)
eman
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I only get the red light, try to reinnstal, try a older version and all. But i still get the red light.

When i push "start this service" it say, "Feiled to start service, pleace wait 30 sek. to try again." But i have try all the things i can think about..

Sry my english, but pleace help....

eman
Gojita
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i have a green light but when i tried to connect to MySQL Database i see this:

Code:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'dave88@localhost' (Using password: YES) in C:\Programmi\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\config.php on line 14
ERRORE DI CONNESSIONE

Sorry for my Bad English.... I'm Italian...
burito
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyODBC: Not found
Driver version: 03.51
Driver and Setup: c:\winnt\system32\myodbc3.dll
API level: 2
sql level: 1
-----------------------------
why i cant create databases?is this becouse of the error?HEEELP!!!!!! :cry: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x 8O 8O 8O 8O :( :(
Drageuth
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gojita wrote:
Hello, i have a green light but when i tried to connect to MySQL Database i see this:

Code:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'dave88@localhost' (Using password: YES) in C:\Programmi\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\config.php on line 14
ERRORE DI CONNESSIONE

Sorry for my Bad English.... I'm Italian...

I've ran into this problem as well. The only way I have found for fixing it is to run through what TheLinker stated near the beginning of the thread.

TheLinker wrote:
First, I have not used this guide when I installed MySQL a long time ago... but it seems to cover the basic installation parts. I do have some comments to this guide, if you don't mind... :-)

The install directory for MySQL should not be inside some other programs main directory. MySQL can be used by other programs than CGI applications in Abyss. Also if the user for some reason decide to uninstall Abyss and use some other web server, it will make their Program Files directory more 'clean' because the Abyss directory now can be removed (after backing up those html, php files of course). If there is some other programs installed inside this directory, it can not be removed... and the user can by a mistake manually remove the rest. I've seen this happend, and it's not a pretty sight. 8O

So I recommend choosing either X:\MySQL or X:\Program Files\MySQL as the target dir for the installation.

I also think you should have a section here explaining the first important steps on setting up the default root account, just to get people started. It's been awhile since I did this, but I think it goes something like this:

After starting up the winmysqladmin and you have green lights, access the database for the first time from your command prompt:
Code:
c:\mysql\bin> mysql -u root mysql

From inside the mysql prompt, switch to the mysql database where the user accounts are located:
Code:
mysql> use mysql;

Set the password for the root account:
Code:
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('new_password') WHERE user='root';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Remove the blank user accounts:
Code:
mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE user=’’;

I also delete the root account where the host field is set to '%'.
Code:
mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE user=’root’ AND host='%';

Now the database only have one account, root, with the default host field set to localhost, and with a fresh password. There are still many security issues, so users installing MySQL should be somewhat familiar with http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#Privilege_system .

The End... 8)

eman wrote:
Hi.

I only get the red light, try to reinnstal, try a older version and all. But i still get the red light.

When i push "start this service" it say, "Feiled to start service, pleace wait 30 sek. to try again." But i have try all the things i can think about..

Sry my english, but pleace help....

eman

Same to you.. Try the above stated, it may help. I had that error before as well, but have failed to remember how I got around it.

Now, I have my own question: is it possible to create a batch file that will run mysql.exe and go through all the necessary statements on startup without typing it in manually every time? I've been fiddling, but know next to jack about batch files.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Drageuth,

I apologize for not replying sooner to any one of my threads. I have failed to state clearly that I can no longer support any of my old threads here at aprelium.com. My experience here was no-doubt fun at best but I've been really swamped with a project lately.

This guide I hereby claim open source and for everyones enjoyment. Feel free to use it where you wish and a credit back to me would be nice but is not really necessary. I apologize for this but if anyone wishes to re-write this guide for the latest updates please do so and post here.

I would really appreciate if someone takes over answering any questions on this thread. I would be entirely grateful to you.

Good luck everyone :)
fusion137
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Guide: How to Install MySQL Reply with quote

Thanks for a very clear and concise guide to installing mysql. as a complete novice, i managed without a single problem. thanks again
oMeGa DrAgOn
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great! as i love using this server software but i needed mysql as im using it on my comp to develop a script called Phoenix Bulletin Board (pBB) 8)
j.patterson@omega-hosting.net
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
frandy
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hallo,
i've got this red light problem, everything i tride, nothing was a help.

when i open the winmysqladmin i get a red light. sou i click left on the it an chose start this service i get this message: fails to start... please wait 30 s...
i get also myodbc not found the tabs my server and variables is empty

i would by glade if someone could help me
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
live_u4
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had the red light. Tried everything and nothing but... I got the key!!!! In my case, it was a bad character in the my.ini file

I had:

Code:

[mysqld]
basedir=C:[b]\[/b]xpath[b]\[/b]database[b]\[/b]mysql
datadir=C:[b]\[/b]xpath[b]\[/b]database[b]\[/b]mysql[b]\[/b]data\

Instead of:

Code:

[mysqld]
basedir=C:[b]/[/b]xpath[b]/[/b]database[b]/[/b]mysql[b]/[/b]
datadir=C:[b]/[/b]xpath[b]/[/b]database[b]/[/b]mysql[b]/[/b]data[b]/[/b]

Perhaps, this is the reason some guys when re-installing with default parameters made it work. Also, i guess this is one of the most common problems with mysql connection tru PHPmyAdmin
live_u4
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Sorry, HTML maybe disturb my message Reply with quote

I also had the red light. Tried everything and nothing but... I got the key!!!! In my case, it was a bad character in the my.ini file

I had:

Code:

[mysqld]
basedir=C:\xpath\database\mysql
datadir=C:\xpath\database\mysql\data\

Instead of:

Code:

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/xpath/database/mysql/
datadir=C:/xpath/database/mysql/data/

Perhaps, this is the reason some guys when re-installing with default parameters made it work. Also, i guess this is one of the most common problems with mysql connection tru PHPmyAdmin
x19
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: how to install mysql on linux ( step by step ) Reply with quote

hello...
can somebady show me..??
how can i install mysql on linux??
i have install it before but it can't work... :cry:
pleaseee.....some-one...... :wink:
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: how to install mysql on linux ( step by step ) Reply with quote

x19, the best place to get step-by-step instructions on how to setup MySQL on Linux is the documentation of MySQL on http://www.mysql.com .
si_pb2002
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: localhost/phpMyAdmin/ Reply with quote

When i put that in my web browser ^^^

I get this >>>

"Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page."

Ive looke dat the links mentioned but im stumpped as to what i need to change to get it working?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: localhost/phpMyAdmin/ Reply with quote

si_pb2002,
You have this message because you haven't installed correctly the PHP support in Abyss as described in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html . Check especiallt the CGI environment variable REDIRECT_STATUS declaration. Its name shouldn't have any spaces before or after.
Ch1ck3n^
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbgunz : i have the green light on the admin stuff and when i then tryin to configure the pbpbb2 i get this (common) problem:
phpbb2 wrote:

And when i start the admin prog. on the server it says
MySQL wrote:

Not Found
Driver 3.51 Not Found

What is the problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: