Website always times out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yobaz
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Website always times out Reply with quote

Whenever someone else besides me tried to connect, it always says some error about server taking too long to connect.

These are my computer specs:
Mod Edit: Ive removed the image because it contains your Windows Product Key which you should not show other people.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you set up port forwarding?
Are you giving people your WAN IP not your LAN IP? ( www.abyssunderground.co.uk/ip to get it )
Is your firewall allowing port 80?
Does your ISP block port 80?
Is your domain (if you use one) set up correctly to point to your WAN IP?
Yobaz
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have setup port forwarding, I have given people my WAN IP, I allowed my third party firewall to allow port 80, allowed the Abyss Web Server, I don't think my ISP blocks port 80, and I use a dyndns domain which does point to my WAN IP.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If other people cannot access it try another port to check that your ISP doesnt block port 80. Remember to change the port forwarding rule also and use www.yourdomain.com:port
Yobaz
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, I have just been having some internet issues for a while. I called my ISP and they said they didn't allowed the port 80. So I tried a different port, it still does the same thing, time out.
ccs
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I called my ISP and they said they didn't allowed the port 80. So I tried a different port, it still does the same thing, time out.

The reason your ISP blocks port 80 is because they don't want you running a server on their bandwidth. So, first of all, you have to ask yourself if you're willing to risk your ISP stopping service to you completely just so you can have a web site for your family and friends (yes, most ISP will check and stop service when you break your contract agreement about how you use their service). If you're still willing to break that contractual agreement and risk your high-speed access, then you need to find out what ports the ISP isn't blocking. You may find that they are all blocked for inbound traffic, but you might get lucky and find one you can use. You'll need to do either trial and error, or run an external port scan (google it) to see whats available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: