Listening problems...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vame87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Listening problems... Reply with quote

Well, I have been trying to work out the bugs in my router for over two weeks now, and I seem to fix the problem, then it pops right back up again. The first problem I had was that no one could see my site, so I opened up some ports for it to work. It worked for a tiny bit. (like a couple hours) So I went back to the router's firewall, and fooled around with that. I made it so that port 80 was the only thing open for the http.It worked, then I decided to go to my site again. It didn't work. So I decided to shutdown Abyss, and start it up again. It came up with this error:

Cannot start the webserver (Listening Problem.)
The webport is already used by another application.
Use the control to configure a correct web port.

So I then deleted the apache moniter, which I couldn't get to run anyway. Then I went, and enabled TCP/IP filtering, and opened up all ports so they would let everything through. That worked for a while, I turned it on, and I left it on for most of the night, then the whole day today, and it worked the whole time. It worked when I got home too. Then later today I decided to go to the site, and it didn't work again. So, again. I turned the server off, and turned it on again, and there was the message again. I'm out of ideas, I have no idea what could be using that port besides the server. I mean how can it work all day, and not have any problems. Then all of a sudden?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Listening problems... Reply with quote

That message is self-explanatory. To solve the problem, you should locate which program is using the same port one assigned to Abyss Web Server, and shut it down.
ANother solution consists in using another web port in AByss Web Server and configuring your router to use that new port.
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes kazaa listens on prt 80 for some reason, my friend had trouble with it (I dont know why it does that). I think a program called TCPView from sysinternals will help - you can see which program is listening on port 80. http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: