PhpBB problems - server won't allow file permission changes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: PhpBB problems - server won't allow file permission changes? Reply with quote

Hello, my friend is running a server for my site using Abyss software, and we use an FTP for me to upload files and such. In the FTP, I am unable to change the file permission for config.php, which is necessary to install PhpBB. It says "This server does not support changing file permissions".

How can I change that? Is that something I can do from within the Abyss console, or does my friend have to change it himself since its with a computer of his? Any help is appreciated.
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your friend must be running a windows pc, in which case permission changing is not necessary.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: PhpBB problems - server won't allow file permission chan Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Hello, my friend is running a server for my site using Abyss software, and we use an FTP for me to upload files and such. In the FTP, I am unable to change the file permission for config.php, which is necessary to install PhpBB. It says "This server does not support changing file permissions".

How can I change that? Is that something I can do from within the Abyss console, or does my friend have to change it himself since its with a computer of his? Any help is appreciated.

The server your FTP client is talking about is the FTP server on your firend's computer, not Abyss Web Server. And in a general case, computers running Windows do not require permissions changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: