How to make link for files to be downloaded by others?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wacky sung

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: How to make link for files to be downloaded by others? Reply with quote

Hey guys,i have a problem of creating a hyperlink for files to be downloaded.What can i do to create it and i make a folder inside my cgi-bin and create a likn something like that
http://www.kickme.to/wacky_sung/cgi-bin/myfolder/myfiles.zip

But the link can be download by me but i got an error on my zip files.What can i do.Teach me pls.Thank. :?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How to make link for files to be downloaded by others? Reply with quote

wacky sung wrote:
But the link can be download by me but i got an error on my zip files.What can i do.Teach me pls.Thank. :?

What error do you get on Zip files?
wacky sung

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An error telling me that the file is corrupted?What can i do with an corrupted zip!
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: links, linking, download, downloads Reply with quote

Can you do us a favor and right click the link that calls the download and copy its url and paste it back into a reply to this thread...

If it is a corrupted zip chances are even if a download is successful it'll be all for a waste of bandwidth...

Did you fix the problem? Please let us know otherwise try a few other files which are downloadable and then copy and paste the *source* of the link back into this thread...

I hope it gets solved :)
wacky sung

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank guys for your help.I manage to solve this problem if i only stop using all those download managers like flashget,dap,etc.Only default window download can be able to get it downloaded correctly.

Another big issue is that i my website is being HACK.I using dos typing netstat -n and found out that my system is being intruded due to my website.I never use any firewall for my system and the lame hacker type those word on my screen telling me to go to his website.I'm serious no joke.My log is being clear by him with zero records.I guess after all Abyss Web Sever ISn't that SAFE after all. :roll:
chance
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss is not the problem. Look closer at netstat. I finally followed the linkers instructions to the T and got AWStats working and was oh-so-proud of myself right up until I got hacked to death. I trashed PERL and have withstood numerous hack attempts since. Perl is, in some cases, an open door to any AH with a sick sense of humor.

Lookat :http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Content/6497.html

I don't know what to do with this info since I am new at this, but am not going to use Perl again until I can learn how to secure it.

Anybody got any slick ideas?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
wacky sung

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the reason why i got an attack by using perl,php,etc.I wonder if you really know what is call HACKING.If a truder got into your system and he/she can remote control your everything.If you understand what is the purpose of using netstat and look into your foreign address.If you know what you are doing and of course you fully understand why people website have been deface before due to an unsecure loop holes in the web server.I forgot to get a screen shot on my attack,otherwise people may not believe what i have just say.If at that point of time,i have taken my screen shot will prove to others my words are real,rather than people thinking i bull shiting around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: