access.log truncating?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mpegger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: access.log truncating? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if theres a hidden option in Abyss to automatically truncate the access log file? Although I've been running the server for months, I get very little traffic because its just for myself and friends. But even so, after 3 months (and countless Nimbda attacks :evil: ) the log file is almost 4mb big and theres no sign of Abyss starting up a new one. I dread to think what the access log file would look like on a heavy site after 3 months. 8O It would be nice if Abyss had an option to start an new log file every day, or every week, or whatever interval we choose. So if theres no current option to do so, I guess I'll throw that in as a future suggestion.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Access Log, Backup, .log, Statistics Reply with quote

I do not believe the log will reset by itself and start a new log all by itself... Fortunately you can help that...

Stop Abyss, Go into the log folder, Backup "access.log", then open the original copy and delete its contents... Once thats done save it... You should now have a backup and a newly refreshed access.log... Tell me if this helps :)
kent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good idea, On my server I get over 2000 hits a night
and for some reason after about 5,000 log requests the log file stops logging
requests that are made and I have to manually delete these files to have abyss create another one.... that also should be looked into as well.

Kent. http://16.sytes.net/php-clone
Mpegger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already renamed the log file and let Abyss start up a new one. But thats still one step I'd like to do away with. Guess I'll through it in the suggestion forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: