ppl at aprelium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speel
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: ppl at aprelium Reply with quote

hey whats up id juss like to say a few things.. i think that apelium is the best of allits simple easy efficient and they acctualy help people and to me i think thats great not many sofware makers do that but i just hope you guys dont go money hungry if so ah then we have nothing but over all you guys are the best :P :D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
pagekeeper
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could say the same thing, i suppose they'd will prob go money hungry!
Its one to pay for, but it only makes it worth while because its free!

Anyways keep the good work :D
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ppl at aprelium Reply with quote

Thank you speel. Thank you pagekeeper.
speel
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully not if they do i hope they have a free and a payd version if they do plan to go money hungry
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprelium if you are releasing a paid version , I will buy it just to show you how much I love your software , its excelent server software 8)
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, so many support.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speel wrote:
hopefully not if they do i hope they have a free and a payd version if they do plan to go money hungry

There'll be always a free version. That's a promise :D

Os17fan: We know now that we'll have at least one customer :D Thank you
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There'll be always a free version. That's a promise

Os17fan: We know now that we'll have at least one customer Thank you

Just wait and let him see the price tag. If it aferican monetrary value, then maybe but if it were to be US dollar.... humm......
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything to support you guy's , this is the only web server I will ever find interest in. Thanks for such awesome web software. 8)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Becoming a webmaster is my dream and your server is helping me alot to achieve these dreams of mine so yes indeed I will buy the pro version. 8)
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Anything to support you guy's , this is the only web server I will ever find interest in. Thanks for such awesome web software. 8)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Becoming a webmaster is my dream and your server is helping me alot to achieve these dreams of mine so yes indeed I will buy the pro version. 8)

Wow.....
Average cheapy PC system = $300 - 400USD
Average fast internet connection = $39 or so
Abyss (webserver) free or paid version = Becoming a webmaster is priceless
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people are you aprelium? 8)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdkyo wrote:

Getting that answer is about the same you will get for Lotto winning. I have tried asking them what other product they have other than Abyss that are kepting them busy. Still no answer yet.
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdkyo wrote:

We're a few people at Aprelium but we're enough to do the job.

CapFusion wrote:

Getting that answer is about the same you will get for Lotto winning. I have tried asking them what other product they have other than Abyss that are kepting them busy. Still no answer yet.

It is Abyss Web Server that is keeping us busy because developing it is not an easy task.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is Abyss Web Server that is keeping us busy because developing it is not an easy task.

Abyss only that keep Aprelium busy? Humm..... That sound very fishy to me. Aprelium must be living on some kind of foundation or donation or just plain water to survive. Without any support, humm..... There must be something that you guy are not telling us.

Abyss = Free

You guy must be living on water and air......
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, man. There are tens of thousands of people who develop software on thier off time, entrpreneurs who develop businesses during thier vacations, etc, etc... Anyway, living in Tunisia isn't that expensive, certainly not as much as living in Hawaii (Mcdonalds cheeseburger will set you back a whole $1+ !)

- Omar G
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1+ cheese burger? Humhum. I think I need some of those now.

They did not indicate if it were off-time or anything. Simply busy. So I got curious on how do they survive?
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they are in stealth mode for whatever reasons...I, too, am curious who they are and how they're setup, just because I'm curious how a team writes and maintains a server with such a damn small C/C++ executable. Do they use a framework? Which compiler? However, not because I want to rob them (though someone probably would eventually), but because they seem to have something good going on. Perhaps next time I'm in Sicily, I'll fly over to Tunisia (20min by air!) and interview them in a cafe or such: "Aprelium under the Daylight" or "Out of the Abyss: Anatomy of a Server". Any more ideas for an article title?

- Omar G
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar G wrote:
Maybe they are in stealth mode for whatever reasons...I, too, am curious who they are and how they're setup, just because I'm curious how a team writes and maintains a server with such a damn small C/C++ executable. Do they use a framework? Which compiler? However, not because I want to rob them (though someone probably would eventually), but because they seem to have something good going on. Perhaps next time I'm in Sicily, I'll fly over to Tunisia (20min by air!) and interview them in a cafe or such: "Aprelium under the Daylight" or "Out of the Abyss: Anatomy of a Server". Any more ideas for an article title?

- Omar G

I think they are in stealth mode or maybe deny mode. Any specific question is being dodge away.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What reason do you think they are dodging peoples' questions?

My business philosophy was to always attach a real person's name to each email, letter, etc. In fact, each person at my companies has a bio page with contact info (http://www.arabicexperts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=company.people). That way, people know they're dealing with an open company with real people and *little* to hide ;-). Usually, I expect that from other small companies as well. But, since its free, do I have any rights on them to ask for that?

- Omar G
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What reason do you think they are dodging peoples' questions?

Take this as an interview regarding a product.

Q - Since Abyss is free what other pruduct does Aprelium have to make it free? Do you have another product line to cover the cost of this Abyss?

A -

Q - How many people under Aprelium?
A - A few .....

If a product is keeping them (few) busy, I surely hate to see them have another pruduct concurrent with Abyss.

Quote:
My business philosophy was to always attach a real person's name to each email, letter, etc. In fact, each person at my companies has a bio page with contact info (http://www.arabicexperts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=company.people). That way, people know they're dealing with an open company with real people and *little* to hide ;-). Usually, I expect that from other small companies as well. But, since its free, do I have any rights on them to ask for that?

You right, when free, do not mess up the good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: