Abyss logs and rsyslog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
themrfreeze
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject: Abyss logs and rsyslog Reply with quote

Hey all.

Would anybody happen to know if Abyss log files are compatible with rsyslog? My institution is insisting on me sending all of my server log files to their central aggregator using rsyslog. I have Abyss (latest version) running on a Linux box and while the standard Linux log files can be sent successfully I've had no luck getting the Abyss logs to work. Have tried moving the log file location to /var/log, switching between the two different formats, ensuring the Abyss log files have the same ownership/permissions as the Linux log files, and they just won't go.

I did notice that the format of the logs in Abyss differs a bit from the standard Linux log file format...is that the problem?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Abyss logs and rsyslog Reply with quote

themrfreeze,

Abyss Web Server logs using the standard common log format that is used by most Web servers. Not sure what you mean by Linux format here. Web servers do not care about the OS and they have specific stuff to log that does not conform to any specific OS rules.

Usually, if you want to get a log file monitored by rsyslog, you'll have to declare it as a source for import and configure rsyslog to poll it regularly.

Could you please get in touch with our technical support by email with more details about your experimentations and use case so that we could suggest a solution.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: