Abyss Web Server X1 to turn my office PC into a server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASOBOAD
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:04 am    Post subject: Abyss Web Server X1 to turn my office PC into a server Reply with quote

Sorry for the amateur question, but I would like to use Abyss Web Server X1 to turn my office PC into a server so that my teleworking employees can connect to it. Is this possible? Also, is there any security concerns?
This may seem like a poor question for you professional technicians. Sorry if I posted the topic in the wrong place.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Abyss Web Server X1 to turn my office PC into a server Reply with quote

ASOBOAD wrote:
Sorry for the amateur question, but I would like to use Abyss Web Server X1 to turn my office PC into a server so that my teleworking employees can connect to it. Is this possible? Also, is there any security concerns?
This may seem like a poor question for you professional technicians. Sorry if I posted the topic in the wrong place.

Abyss Web Server won't turn your office PC in a remote workstation for your coworkers. Web servers don't do that out of the box.

You probably need a remote desktop software for the task you envision.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Horizon
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
In order to answer your request I have to analyze your needs.

So here's what we know so far:

- You're located in Japan(?) so your office room is probably there.
- You have teleworking employees which means they might be anywhere in the world while working.

- Your office employees work on graphic & web design which means your employees cannot directly use Abyss Web Server to do their GFX work.

I will therefore say that:

- Employees can use their own GFX program to do the work, then you can use a media upload script on Abyss to let them upload their job.

You could use a file upload script with image preview, etc. This could use PHP.

- Then you could have a good invoicing php script (where you add one user for each employee) and they make invoices for customers on your website, all gathered in one place.

For the above think about OwnCloud/NextCloud & InvoicePlane/BambooInvoice for the remote file manager & invoicing script.

- You also say that you're in Japan, are the teleworkers outside Japan?

If yes you should consider allowing them to use a 'Work VPN' otherwise they will have a long delay connecting to Japanese websites.

Typically HTTP timeouts for example, a Japan-based work VPN cans help reduce the connection lag by having the VPN provider choose its own optimized IP packet routing (is it called BGP routing?)

So far we know too little about your particular needs so that's all I can suggest right now.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: