Please could you look at this....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dai
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Please could you look at this.... Reply with quote

I had a network with BT installed last week, now people cannot access my website. I used to acess my site through my IP adress 271.42.36.181 .... but now when I type this my networks control panel comes up instead of my site. My network and webserver were on the same port (80), so my friend told me to make the webserver's port 7653.... so now me but no-one else can access the page through http://127.0.0.1:7653 .... BT have refused to help me because they said it was nothing to do with them or their help line. I have looked through the user guide a couple of times now and I still don't know what to do. Someone on the phone in BT has said I have to set up a virtual server.... I know how to get to the place where I make one.... but I cannot find anything which pacifically tells me 1. what it is for and 2. what or who's IP and port I need to use..... I have tried making one several times, and it is still not working.....

If there is any solution, advice or guides you could give me I would be very grateful. Note: I have already read question 2 in the faq and I am still stuck...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dai
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nick
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

127.0.0.1 is the localhost address, they cant access your page because they're browser would try to find the page on their Network (if any) because the address is local, change the address or try the first one.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Please could you look at this.... Reply with quote

dai wrote:
I had a network with BT installed last week, now people cannot access my website. I used to acess my site through my IP adress 271.42.36.181 .... but now when I type this my networks control panel comes up instead of my site. My network and webserver were on the same port (80), so my friend told me to make the webserver's port 7653.... so now me but no-one else can access the page through http://127.0.0.1:7653 .... BT have refused to help me because they said it was nothing to do with them or their help line. I have looked through the user guide a couple of times now and I still don't know what to do. Someone on the phone in BT has said I have to set up a virtual server.... I know how to get to the place where I make one.... but I cannot find anything which pacifically tells me 1. what it is for and 2. what or who's IP and port I need to use..... I have tried making one several times, and it is still not working.....

If there is any solution, advice or guides you could give me I would be very grateful. Note: I have already read question 2 in the faq and I am still stuck...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dai

Did you also check your router if that port 7653 is point to your Abyss LAN IP?

Find out your LAN IP where Abyss is sitting on. Check again in Abyss to see what port is it listening to. I am not refering to your console port. The default port should be 80. If you have not change it, then it should still be port 80. Also make sure your router is port 80 also and point to the LAN IP of your Abyss. (ie 192.168.1.100).

01. Find your LAN IP of your Abyss.
02. Check what PORT where your Abyss is listen to. Not refering to console port.
03. From your router / gateway, point your LAN IP to abyss box
04. Enter the port where abyss is listen to. Default is port 80.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot ppl its all sorted out now
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dai wrote:
thanks alot ppl its all sorted out now

Good to hear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: