please help....!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dai
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: please help....! Reply with quote

well... I've been running my site off Abyss for about a month with a BT broadband modem without a problem. Now I've got BT home networking in place of that modem its got a base station and three wireless recievers for the three computers. I know that I've got to do something with the ports and ip's/ routers..... I've been told I need to make a virtual server by BT, but BT refuse to give me help with setting it up... I know how to get to the place where I create a virtual server... I just do not know what to do when I get there... could somebody please help me, I'd be very grateful
Dai
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dai
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... I've just been told by somone to make the port on abyss 7657 instead of 80...... I've done that...
where I create a virtual server these are the options i have to fill....
ATM/ PVC name.. which will be ppp-0
EXTERNAL PACKET...
protocol: (I'm guessing this is TCP)
TCP/ IP port: ... iv been trying to put in 7657
INTERNAL HOST....
IP adress: i have been putting 127.0.0.1 in there because thats the ip that I can gain access to my site with
then TCP/ IP port: which is already filled in frm options b4

wen i apply this... errors come up?
so can any1 tell me what I am doing wrong... and possibly tell me what to do instead?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: please help....! Reply with quote

dai wrote:
well... I've been running my site off Abyss for about a month with a BT broadband modem without a problem. Now I've got BT home networking in place of that modem its got a base station and three wireless recievers for the three computers. I know that I've got to do something with the ports and ip's/ routers..... I've been told I need to make a virtual server by BT, but BT refuse to give me help with setting it up... I know how to get to the place where I create a virtual server... I just do not know what to do when I get there... could somebody please help me, I'd be very grateful
Dai

You are making everything complicated and confusing thing. I got not idea what is BT station or virtual server.

Generally, whatever you setup, your home netowkr PC should communicate with each other first. Otherwise, you may need to find the cause. Next is find which box is your Abyss is on. Then find the LAN IP of that Abyss box. If it DHCP or dynamic LAN IP, you may need to check often if it change to somthing else. Correct your Router / Gateway to the current LAN IP of your Abyss that is on. Make sure there not filter that may be interferring with between your Abyss server.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers its fixed now
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dai wrote:
cheers its fixed now

Good for you and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: